Cane Creek Headset on a Tues?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Cane Creek Headset on a Tues?
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Has anyone successfully put a cane creek headset on a Tues 2018. I need to replace the stock headset that crapped out pretty quick. I have the dimensions I need and cane creek has matching parts but I am wondering if anyone has been able to make this happen.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
As far as I know the only headsets that work with the Tues are the acros ones. I tried a canecreek on my 2017 and it didn’t fit.. perhaps with shims it could work. I messaged yt about it on several occasions and they told me the same thing.. you’re stuck with the crappy overpriced acros headset. Sorry!

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
As far as I know the only headsets that work with the Tues are the acros ones. I tried a canecreek on my 2017 and it didn’t fit.. perhaps with shims it could work. I messaged yt about it on several occasions and they told me the same thing.. you’re stuck with the crappy overpriced acros headset. Sorry!

Did you have the correct size? I emailed YT and they told me the size I needed. Guy said he did not know if a cane creek would work or not. Called cane creek, guy said as long as the size matched it should work but did not have any personal experience with it.

YT has the acros headset for 55 which is less than half the cost of a cane creek. Problem is the cost and nuisance of getting it installed only to have it fail within the season.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
mastakilla wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
As far as I know the only headsets that work with the Tues are the acros ones. I tried a canecreek on my 2017 and it didn’t fit.. perhaps with shims it could work. I messaged yt about it on several occasions and they told me the same thing.. you’re stuck with the crappy overpriced acros headset. Sorry!

Did you have the correct size? I emailed YT and they told me the size I needed. Guy said he did not know if a cane creek would work or not. Called cane creek, guy said as long as the size matched it should work but did not have any personal experience with it.

YT has the acros headset for 55 which is less than half the cost of a cane creek. Problem is the cost and nuisance of getting it installed only to have it fail within the season.


I tried installing a cane creek headset and was on the phone with a cane creek rep for an hour trying to get it to work. The stack height is not the same despite it being the “correct” headset which is why you might be able to make it work with shims or “problem solvers”. After emailing yt they got in touch with the mechanic department and I was told that the only headset that works are the acros ones

“Hey Nathan,

I heard back from Germany.

They do not recommend using the Cane Creek headset. The bearing stack is too low to work with our frames.

Sounds like the Acros headset is the only one that works properly.

Cheers,”

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 21:16 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
mastakilla wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
As far as I know the only headsets that work with the Tues are the acros ones. I tried a canecreek on my 2017 and it didn’t fit.. perhaps with shims it could work. I messaged yt about it on several occasions and they told me the same thing.. you’re stuck with the crappy overpriced acros headset. Sorry!

Did you have the correct size? I emailed YT and they told me the size I needed. Guy said he did not know if a cane creek would work or not. Called cane creek, guy said as long as the size matched it should work but did not have any personal experience with it.

YT has the acros headset for 55 which is less than half the cost of a cane creek. Problem is the cost and nuisance of getting it installed only to have it fail within the season.


I tried installing a cane creek headset and was on the phone with a cane creek rep for an hour trying to get it to work. The stack height is not the same despite it being the “correct” headset which is why you might be able to make it work with shims or “problem solvers”. After emailing yt they got in touch with the mechanic department and I was told that the only headset that works are the acros ones

“Hey Nathan,

I heard back from Germany.

They do not recommend using the Cane Creek headset. The bearing stack is too low to work with our frames.

Sounds like the Acros headset is the only one that works properly.

Cheers,”

Gotcha, I am going acros then. Thanks!

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010129
Mobile Version of Website