Looking for people to join a Morzine roadtrip mid august

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Looking for people to join a Morzine roadtrip mid august
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
I've got myself a campervan, finishing the build at the moment. I've got holiday from the 16th - 31st august, and I want to go ride. Planning on roadtripping down to the Alps.

Van has seating for up to 4, beds for 2, and I have access to a big tent. There's a kitchen and bathroom as well in there, so no need for campsites unless required.

Fuel calculations reckon it's £400 in fuel return. Split several ways, that's pretty cheap. Add to that the ability to park up wherever, and suddenly you don't have to worry about last lifts, and just stay overnight in Morgins. Or go try out Verbier. or Metabief. There's many options.

I'm planning on doing it myself, but something like this is always more fun if you've got other people along as well.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 4:43 Quote
This sounds potentially ok well AMAZING opportunity.

I’d take you up on it but only have a 120mm ht and a rigid ss.

Lol plus I am darn sarf of country.

I do however have Scottish roots

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
I may be interested... :/ yet

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 7:43 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
This sounds potentially ok well AMAZING opportunity.

I’d take you up on it but only have a 120mm ht and a rigid ss.

Lol plus I am darn sarf of country.

I do however have Scottish roots

Well, at least the down south part is easy enough. Need to go through south just to get to the channel.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
If only I knew where the channel was lol

;-d

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Sounds good to me!

Hm inbox up if you wanna drop me more details.

Thanks bud!
:-)

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
Adding a few more details.

I read the V5 on my van, it is registered for 3 seats total, so that5's the maximum number until I can get proper seating and reclassification sorted.

Currently looking at a daytime departure on the 15th august with an assumed target of Les Gets. If that was the plan, a possible itinerary would be a few days in Les Gets, move down to SuperMorzine for a couple of days, over to Chatel a bit then Morgins and Champery. Could do a few days in each area.

Costings for this are:

Fuel: £390
Ferries: £150
Tolls: £33
Liftpass: £157 - £164

Total costs are:

1 Person: £730
2 People: £443.50pp
3 People: £348pp

Moving around to places other than the PDS would mean slight reduction on liftpass prices, a bit more on fuel, and however much for those liftpasses.

As for location, I'll be departing from Edinburgh, and the current route is south down the A1 straight to Dover. This can be adjusted to pickup from most places, but it is worth remembering this is a big vehicle, so it may be cheaper to get a lift somewhere closer to the route rather than me coming right to you. I am open to discussion of options though.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I can answer questions or chat about this stuff.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
Guys!

I’ve had to kinda basically pull out on this as cutting fine with timing and work so guts what are you waiting for!

Gonna be a great adventure and goodtimes by sounds of it!

Pics yeah of trip to be posted here would be much appreciated.

:-)

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011134
Mobile Version of Website