E*Thirteen customer service was great this week concerning a cracked carbon rim

PB Forum :: YT Industries
E*Thirteen customer service was great this week concerning a cracked carbon rim
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
Cracked my front LG1 race carbon rim on my 2019 YT Tues 29er and E*Thirteen sent me a complete new wheel no questions asked with a return label for the old one. Also sent it two day because I needed it for the weekend. Can't ask for much more than that. Well done E*Thirteen, you have made me a loyal customer moving forward!

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
Good to know was thinking about if and when I will have a issue on my Tues, reassuring ????

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
It happend to me twice, each time they were just the quintessence of what a perfect support is !
Plus they changed their carbon rims warranty policy to a lifetime warranty and applied it to the carbon rims sold before.
Don't understand why so many people dislike their products.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
Have you guys had any problems with breaking spokes? I have the LG1R carbon rims on my 2019 Tues 27.5. I broke 4 rear spokes in the first couple weeks I owned the bike, had the wheel re-laced with all new heavier spokes. Now I’ve broken a front spoke, and one of the new rear ones. E13 did offer to send me some free spokes to replace the broken ones but I expect the problem to continue.

All I can think is these rims must be very flexy or something to keep causing this.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
I’ve had the same experience with E13 replacing my cracked carbon rim! Was super impressed with their customer service and customer loyalty. Received a brand new wheel within a couple days of speaking to E13s customer service!
But now have cracked my Capra pro race frame (headtube) and YT wants $1200 for crash replacement of the front triangle. And they said 4-8 weeks to receive the new front triangle. Totally unimpressed with their crash replacement program.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
So I cracked my rear rim on my 2019 YT Tues CF Pro Race and again E*thirteen sent me a new rear wheel no questions asked. Their customer service can't be beat but I am losing confidence in the carbon LG1 race wheels. I weigh 160lbs and ride somewhat aggressive but run plenty of air pressure and just installed Rimpact in both front and rear wheels so hopefully this will be my last post about broken E*thirteen rims. If it happens again, I am going to search for other options.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
My crank arm broke today under normal use for a DH bike! Bike is 7months old CF Pro Race.
What do you guys think?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
Just to say E*thirteen were spot on, on resolving this to my satisfaction.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
I also have to share my experience in this thread. I recently noticed some lateral play in the rear hub of my TRS+ wheel. Being that the wheel was only 8 months old I asked e13 about it. Within a few days they had an entirely new wheel shipped to my door. They provided some great, no questions asked service.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Have you guys had any problems with breaking spokes? I have the LG1R carbon rims on my 2019 Tues 27.5. I broke 4 rear spokes in the first couple weeks I owned the bike, had the wheel re-laced with all new heavier spokes. Now I’ve broken a front spoke, and one of the new rear ones. E13 did offer to send me some free spokes to replace the broken ones but I expect the problem to continue.

All I can think is these rims must be very flexy or something to keep causing this.

E13 rims are known to be the least compliant, and usually aren't very flexy, could it be that your spokes are being done up too tight?

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
voler-1 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

E13 rims are known to be the least compliant, and usually aren't very flexy, could it be that your spokes are being done up too tight?

Unless they were set that way from the factory..

Just relaced both wheels with all new E13 spokes/nipples set at E13’s recommended spec. I’ll probably never know if that was the problem though, i just bought a set of WeAreOne Strife’s to replace them for next season. I’ll keep the E13’s around for spares and for when I sell the bike. Had about half a dozen park days cut early because of these wheels this year and they almost ruined our annual pilgrimage to Whistler when they broke again the day before we were to go. Done with them.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
voler-1 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Unless they were set that way from the factory..

Just relaced both wheels with all new E13 spokes/nipples set at E13’s recommended spec. I’ll probably never know if that was the problem though, i just bought a set of WeAreOne Strife’s to replace them for next season. I’ll keep the E13’s around for spares and for when I sell the bike. Had about half a dozen park days cut early because of these wheels this year and they almost ruined our annual pilgrimage to Whistler when they broke again the day before we were to go. Done with them.
with anything, use what works for yourself, if you have issues with the e13 wheel exclusively then run something you know that works. cheers

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008886
Mobile Version of Website