Revelstoke vs Sea to Sky ?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Revelstoke vs Sea to Sky ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
Currently live in Whistler, and love riding everything between North Shore and Pemby. Considering a move to Revelstoke but have never ridden there.

What's the mountain biking like there? Trail Forks shows a decent amount of trails, but I'm trying to get a sense of how they compare to trails around the Sea to Sky?

I love riding slabs, trails like Somewhere Over There, Rupert, Out There, Cream Puff etc, love the flowy tech like Angry Midget and Squirrels and love the woodwork in Seymour and Fromme. If I make the move, how much will I miss the biking along the Sea to Sky Corridor?

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
I can only provide you with some thoughts on rely as unfortunately I have not been to whistler.

The riding in revy is pretty good. Only negative is that most trails need to be driven to and some are over some rough roads and a pick up truck is likely the best vehicle to do this.

My other thoughts are can you easily line up a job and a place to live in revy? Revy as a town is a little more isolated than I perceive whistler to be - how do you feel about that? The entertainment options in revy are limited.

before committing, why not head out there for a few days. 3 years ago I rented a place from vrbo for about $140 per night. I rode with Matt at wandering wheels, so he handled all the transportation.

Personally, I like Fernie better new use you can ride from town. But the alpine riding in revy was something else. Keystone standard basin was cool in that you are riding bench cut single track with what seemed like a 500 foot or more drop on the downslope side.

Frisky ridge takes you into the alpine, but the horse/deer flies are something else. I must have had 20 bites on my back from the day we rode. It would be brutal having a mechanical issue on that trail because these thing bite hard and are undeterred by any type of repellant.

My macpherson is the closest to town and you could ride there but it is a 3 to5 k ride that is a steady uphill to get to the trail head, where more uphill riding awaits.

Sol mountain is supposed to be pretty cool, but I understand the road to get in is brutal.

Now with all that being said, i’d Imagine living in revy would be a lot cheaper than whistler

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008515
Mobile Version of Website