Knolly bike frame, a scam? what to do now?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Knolly bike frame, a scam? what to do now?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
Hey --

I'm at a loss of what to do with a Knolly frame I bought off a fellow PB user.

New to biking but strapped for cash so thought a semi-complete Knolly Endorphin frame around year 2009-2012 would've been a good buy.

Checked the users past selling history, seemed like a fair seller, even in person. And now the guy is incognito/ignoring me.

Brought the bike to a shop in Whistler, the mechanic told me he wouldn't work on it because on quick look he noticed so many things that were incompatible.

On a closer note, he saw the frame had a crack in a section I couldn't see when the bike was upright.

I don't feel comfortable selling the frame on PB or any other classified because of the safety liability. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do with the bike frame? Other than chucking in the landfill, would prefer to have parts of it used. Is there a thread for backyard mechanics who need parts?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
I'd get in touch with Knolly. Small shop located in Burnaby run by a bunch of really good people. Give them a call, you'll get a human who answers the phone. Explain the whole situation... I'm sure they'll try and help you out. You definitely won't get anything for free, but they should be able to give you some honest and knowledgeable advice... potentially even a good deal on a crash replacement or similar?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
Thanks man, that's super helpful!

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
islandforlife wrote:
I'd get in touch with Knolly. Small shop located in Burnaby run by a bunch of really good people. Give them a call, you'll get a human who answers the phone. Explain the whole situation... I'm sure they'll try and help you out. You definitely won't get anything for free, but they should be able to give you some honest and knowledgeable advice... potentially even a good deal on a crash replacement or similar?

Just rang them, spoke to Gavin and yeah you're right, they were way cool with their advice and effort.

Will have to wait out buying a knolly but at least I know now how wicked that company is. Thanks islandforlife!

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
yamalifestyle wrote:
islandforlife wrote:

Just rang them, spoke to Gavin and yeah you're right, they were way cool with their advice and effort.

Will have to wait out buying a knolly but at least I know now how wicked that company is. Thanks islandforlife!

That's so great to hear... ya my dealings with them have always been nothing but awesome! Happy to help.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006789
Mobile Version of Website