E*Thirteen reliabilty issues.

PB Forum :: YT Industries
E*Thirteen reliabilty issues.
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
That's interesting looks very similar to mine!
Have you had any joy with E*thirteen?
So far I have no reply from them or YT or the UK importer.
I have emailed them, facebook messaged them too.
Response for such a serious thing to my mind is appalling

Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
GraySteel wrote:
That's interesting looks very similar to mine!
Have you had any joy with E*thirteen?
So far I have no reply from them or YT or the UK importer.
I have emailed them, facebook messaged them too.
Response for such a serious thing to my mind is appalling

e13 was good about getting me a replacement quickly. I didn't contact YT, although I've generally had good experience with their customer service department in the states. e13 sent me an lg1r enduro version within 2 days. I asked them how frequently it happens, and they said it's pretty rare. Definitely makes me question their QC. And I'm not heavy, 165 before gear.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
Silverfish the UK importer were very good and have agreed to send me a replacement set while they wait to see what E*thirteen have to say.
In the meantime I don't have the faith in Carbon so ordered a Aluminium pair.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
I went thru 2 e13 cassettes and finally switched to eagle. Dropper remote broke and changed it to a wolftooth and it works so much better. But E13 has probably the best customer service I have ever experienced. Just don't know how they will survive replacing so many broken items?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
asmtb wrote:
I went thru 2 e13 cassettes and finally switched to eagle. Dropper remote broke and changed it to a wolftooth and it works so much better. But E13 has probably the best customer service I have ever experienced. Just don't know how they will survive replacing so many broken items?

Time maybe running out as they have still not responded to me or the UK importer about the crank!
Obviously YT have done nothing either but I didn't expect much.
It dose seem that rider in the USA do get a lot better service than in Europe though. Maybe because Americans understand service better?

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
GraySteel wrote:
asmtb wrote:

Time maybe running out as they have still not responded to me or the UK importer about the crank!
It dose seem that rider in the USA do get a lot better service than in Europe though. Maybe because Americans understand service better?
I live by their office so I visit them

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
asmtb wrote:
GraySteel wrote:
asmtb wrote:

I live by their office so I visit them

lol well they don't have much choice in giving you good service

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
OK so
Silverfish have sent me a replacement crank as they had not heard anything back from E*thirteen.
However I have just been contacted by e*thirteen to say they have been on holiday.
I have written back to them to find out what they think the reason is as to why it broke.
But at least it seems they do have customer service after all

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
E8thirteen have actually been very good and sorted it all out for me to my absolute satisfaction

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
GraySteel wrote:
E8thirteen have actually been very good and sorted it all out for me to my absolute satisfaction
That's good news

Yeah, their customer service is very good, they do take care of the issues. And respond pretty quick. It would just be better to not have the issues though Dead Horse

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
Snapped my TRSr crank today after casing a 2’ jump. No one should be riding these cranks.
Crank snapped casing a 2 jump at Greer Ranch

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
Snapped my TRSr crank today after casing a 2’ jump. No one should be riding these cranks.

To eThirteen's credit, they replaced my crankset with their new enduro LG1r model no questions asked. I am sending my crank back so they can learn from it.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
Marcencinitas wrote:

To eThirteen's credit, they replaced my crankset with their new enduro LG1r model no questions asked. I am sending my crank back so they can learn from it.

I only use their dropper now (works better with a wolf tooth lever), but I am rooting for them to succeed. They own their mistakes...

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
GraySteel wrote:
It was definitely not a pedal strike that caused the failure and I don't remember ever hitting it really hard at any point in the past

Okay, but it looks like something dramatic happened. Maybe not, but the manufacturer doesn't know that and can't believe every "just riding along" claim, even if some are true.

Same thing happened to me. E thirteen cranks are known to break. They replaced mine for free. I had to wait over two weeks for a response and and other week before I had them in hand. I would have been down over three weeks. I bought some XT cranks and just sold the new e13 cranks when I got them. I couldn’t trust them after they snapped on just a minor G out

So far I’ve e replaced my e13 cassette because nobody could tune my original.

Front hub bearing went out at like 30 miles.

Then my crank snapped.

Only thing left on my bike that is e13 are my carbon wheels. They’ve been great yet they make a sound as if bearing are rolling around inside the rim. Both front and back make the noise. I’ve taken my tires off and it still makes the noise.

Anybody know what that is?

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
Carbon cranks are just a bad idea.... Sram has had problems too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013105
Mobile Version of Website