Rib injuries

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
Hi. Just recovering from a crash on Sunday where I bruised a couple of ribs. Whilst there was no particular crunch or cracking sounds, the following couple of days were difficult. Couldn't breathe deep, couldn't turn over in bed, sneezing hurt etc....

It's now 5 days on and I've been stretching as much as possible/pain allowing, walking and trying to move as normally as possible. I'm feeling about 80% better. Tomorrow will see me back on the bike to attempt a steady 5 mile ride along a cycle path and see how the body is really!

Has anybody else done ribs and been active again quickly? Does it sound like I'm rushing things? Interested to see others experience of ribs recovery. Cheers, Tooby.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
Most times I've been back on the bike after a few days, but at the same time I've known about my ribs for months afterwards. The last time had no ill effects for 2 weeks just the odd twinge then every time I sneezed for the next 3 months had to hold the front of my chest to stop sharp pains.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 3:47 Quote
So, the steady test ride went reasonably well. Comfortable pace with just a few minor rough bits.

Confidence in ability doesn't help that much however, the ribs were sore later on and my right shoulder is really painful, almost feels like it is starting to freeze up. I've got physio in the week, so we'll see what that brings in aiding recovery.

Ard Rock - 14 days and counting!! 50/50 I'll be starting at the moment.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015646
Mobile Version of Website