Rock Shox Pike Debonair Upgrade Issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rock Shox Pike Debonair Upgrade Issue
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
Just installed a debonair spring to my 2017 Pike. Have yet to actually ride it but after it sat installed on the bike while I was away (approx. 12 hours), it sticks for just a moment on the first push down on the bars. Any thoughts on what would cause that? I hadn’t experienced that with the Pike before.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 2:22 Quote
Did you gradually equalized neg and pos air chambers? It may happens if you just pump up to pressure without equalizing the neg spring

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
Did you gradually equalized neg and pos air chambers? It may happens if you just pump up to pressure without equalizing the neg spring

I didn't. I'll give that a shot. Seems to behave normally otherwise.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:

Don't forget to cycle the fork through some of the stroke to equalize pressures.
20-30% seems to ring a bell. I do this every 15# of pressure increase.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
tmorash wrote:
Just installed a debonair spring to my 2017 Pike. Have yet to actually ride it but after it sat installed on the bike while I was away (approx. 12 hours), it sticks for just a moment on the first push down on the bars. Any thoughts on what would cause that? I hadn’t experienced that with the Pike before.

Was the air spring completely out when you inserted the air spring assembly in the fork? Maybe you were having some space and trapped more air then usual in the negative chamber. Could also be that some grease block the equalizer port and therefore chambers are not equalizing. I would first try to gradually equalize the neg and pos air chambers as mentionned by the others.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008046
Mobile Version of Website