Edmonton - Silver Star - Sunpeaks Trip

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Edmonton - Silver Star - Sunpeaks Trip
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
Hey, looking for some input from the locals. Here is the situation. I will be in edmonton mid august for work and want to use the opportunity to ride DH parks in BC that are not too far. Settled on Sun Peaks and Silver Star while staying in Kamloops.

Trying to decide weather to bring my pivot firebird or rent.
If bringing my bike I will need to find a place to store it for a week in Edmonton. Any suggestions?

If renting where and what can I rent around Kamloops, Kelowna, Vernon area. Any chance of a rate $100 or below for a day for a decent enduro or DH bike? (2 day rental). I am aware that bike parks rent. But the price is $130-160.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Both bike parks are pretty doable on your bike. You may feel a little under gunned on some of the really techy, steep stuff in Sun Peaks but most of the trails you'll be okay. SilverStar is less technical than SP and has more machine built trails so you'll be fine there. Both parks are different but awesome in their own way so will be a fun combo. The advantage of bringing the firebird is that you can check out some of the great riding in Kamloops too (Pineview, Harper etc) if you're staying there.

How are you getting to Edmonton? If you're flying then you'd have to box/bag up the bike anyway, so I'd just leave it in your room all packed up until you want to put it together to go hit BC. Otherwise there's a few bike shops in Kamloops (Cafe, District, Spoke) so some of them may rent. If you want to rent a DH bike though you're probably looking at the shops at the Bike Parks.

If you're driving from Edmonton to Kamloops and have the time I'd also recommend hitting up Valemount for a day, especially if you can line it up on a day the shuttle is running there. Super fun, under the radar shuttle/pedal access bike park there and you'll be driving right past it on the way to Kamloops.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
Thanks for your input man. You r right I will be flying in. However I will be flying upnorth for work the next day and then will be back a week later. Thats why I need to find a place to store my bike for a week. The only idea i have at this point is to ask a local bike shop to assemble the bike for me and let them know that I will be picking it up a week later.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008759
Mobile Version of Website