Bronson vs YT Jeffsy pro race 27

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Bronson vs YT Jeffsy pro race 27
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
Looking for a new ride. I have been thinking Bronson/ Jeffsy. Seems I can get a YT top end spec for the same build on a Santa Cruz and still have money left over to buy the Santa Cruz frame. Any thoughts. Living in North western Montana, ride a mix of up down, lift serve, flow trails, lots of 10 - 20 mile rides. Have not been on a Jeffsy but liked the Bronson. Seems like a mega price difference.

Would love some feedback on a Jeffsy if anyone has experience on these. Open to other suggestion as well. Currently own a Specialized Enduro Comp 29 and a Rocky Mtn Altitude Rally Ed.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
I’ve got the older Jeffsy frame; but it’s a beast of a bike and you can’t beat the price. Newer bike is a bit more long and slack. More stable, a little less playful. But I’ve been jonesing for a new pro-race 27”

I’d buy the Jeffsy, every time.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
I have the 2019 Pro Race 27... it is a very capable 160/160 trail bike, I don't think you will be disappointed. I've ridden some reasonably rough trails in Whistler/Squamish/North Shore and it handles it well. The 2019 frame is more stout than the older design (I had a 2017 before) and the Fox 36 GRIP2 is awesome... carbon wheels so far so good. It still feels like an aggressive trail bike versus an enduro sled, what I mean is climbing and longer traversing type rides are still fun, it's not a slug in those situations at all.

The only thing I am not happy with is the DPX2 shock, having trouble getting it feeling anywhere near as good as my previous DVO Topaz did. Might swap the Topaz over or get a DHX2 coil.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
gramboh wrote:
The only thing I am not happy with is the DPX2 shock, having trouble getting it feeling anywhere near as good as my previous DVO Topaz did. Might swap the Topaz over or get a DHX2 coil.

When/if you sell that DPX2 I’ll take it!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008496
Mobile Version of Website