Nomad 3 push 11.6 shock

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Nomad 3 push 11.6 shock
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
Hi all currently riding a nomad 3 with a cc dB air with 160mm pikes. Really want to trade up to a megatower but I don’t think the wife really approves of that much money. Was thinking about going to a 170mm lyric and push 11.6 shock. Has anyone got any feedback on how much of an improvement this is. I kinda think with the geometry of the n3 new fork n shock would make it in line with most enduro bikes with out going to a brand new bike. Thoughts ?

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 13:49 Quote
I just upgraded the shock on a N3 with a DHx2. I had always wanted the 11-6, but there is a LBS on the way home from work that does custom Fox suspension tunes, so that saved me a few hundred vs the Push & can be serviced/tuned locally.

Once I got the DHx2 dialed, the Pike was the next weakest link. I upgraded to a Fox 36 RC2 a couple days later, and the bike rides so much different than before. It stays up in the travel on the first big hits, and makes it much easier to just let off the brakes and let the bike do the work.

My next bike will be a MT, but I have almost no complaints about the bike now that the suspension has been freshened up with the latest dampers. Wish I did it sooner.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
Thanks mate, I’ve spoken to wifey I have the go ahead to either upgrade the fork n shock in which case I have to wait 2 years for another bike or wait a while longer and get a megatower late this year early next ????‍♂️

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008214
Mobile Version of Website