Tubeless sealant for tyre inserts

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Tubeless sealant for tyre inserts
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
I've recently installed Nukeproof ARD tyre inserts (boy do they make a difference in the rocks) and noticed, that after fixing a flat (well, they can't prevent idiots being idiots) that all the latex from my Stan's sealant has bunched up. This was after a week of riding (say 4 or 5 days of riding). Now, a bit over a week later (i put in fresh sealant), i removed the tyre to change out the setup and in the same situation (4 or 5 days of riding since, a bit over a week) it was the same. This happened in the rear while the front had the same situation (with no flats in the meantime, so after ~3 weeks of having this setup).

The latex was all crumpled up into one huge ball which is something i've never seen before. I've seen coral-like formations of it after a few weeks or months, but this extent, so quickly...

So, my question is, does anyone have any experience running inserts in their tyres with a sealant that doesn't cause issues with latex bunching up?

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
When you fill the tire with sealant, make sure the bead is set, lay the tire flat on each side for 15-20 minutes, sometimes I will do 2 ounces, spin it around, lay on one side, add two more ounces, spin and lay on the other side. That said I have had the best luck with Orange Seal Endurance with inserts, running Mr Wolf Banger 2.0.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008061
Mobile Version of Website