Hydration at the park?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Hydration at the park?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
I just started riding park and decided to get a full upper body armor. My typical hydration pack isn’t working with this thing so wondering what you all do? We’ve been catching a mid mtn lift at Trestle vs going all the way down and didn’t see any water aside from running in the lodge at the top. I got a underseat bag for a tube and CO2 but that bout all I can carry

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
I used to just stash a water bottle at the top (or bottom, depending on which end of the uplift had water), and drink there. Just don't forget to bring it with you on the last lap.

Now the armor I wear has room with the back protector for a 1-1.5L water bladder (and holes on the side to pass the hose through). It's a lot better, as I can drink whenever I want, but has a few drawbacks. It's heavier on the back, sloshes a bit, gets hot on hot days, and when sitting you have to pay attention how you sit as not to crush the bladder. It's an alpinestar evo long sleeve armor, and so far the protection looks pretty good. It also has 2 side pockets to stash food/multitool.

Last resort would be to add a bottle cage holder like the one from Fidlock, or Topeak, or other non-permanent solutions. Did that on my enduro which doesn't have room for a bottle inside the frame. It usually doesn't win internet points in design, but you're hydrated so that's a win for me.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
sometimes I wear a pack... sometimes I leave a gallon of water at the top and bottom of the the lift

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Stevens has a water fountain at the bottom of the chair. I just leave the bottle on my bike and fill at the bottom, drink on chair, repeat. It honestly is awesome, i do the same thing with a gallon jug at trail centers.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010272
Mobile Version of Website