Unable to sync strava activity again that has been deleted previously

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Unable to sync strava activity again that has been deleted previously
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
I successfully synced my strava activities using the bulk import functionality, I then deleted some of them, because they had the wrong bike type.

Now I want to add them again.This fails however. The bulk import does not see them anymore as candidates for import. Trying to add an single strava activity by means of the strava url also fails. The error message is that the strava ID already exists.

How can I fix this?

Because of the error message I assumed that the initial delete was only soft and that a permanent purge from the database is a scheduled background job. However, I have waited for more than week and the assumed purge did not happen yet.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
pascalduk wrote:
I successfully synced my strava activities using the bulk import functionality, I then deleted some of them, because they had the wrong bike type.

Now I want to add them again.This fails however. The bulk import does not see them anymore as candidates for import. Trying to add an single strava activity by means of the strava url also fails. The error message is that the strava ID already exists.

How can I fix this?

Because of the error message I assumed that the initial delete was only soft and that a permanent purge from the database is a scheduled background job. However, I have waited for more than week and the assumed purge did not happen yet.

Give it another try.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Give it another try.

Cheers

Thanks! I was now able to import the remaining rides.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 19:11 Quote
@markholloway - I synced, then deleted an activity, but want to re-import it and like the original poster, it failed as the Strava id already exists. it's for my ride today (August 11).

Are you able to help..hope so as I'm doing the Whistler Trail Challenge! Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
TimmoWhistler wrote:
@markholloway - I synced, then deleted an activity, but want to re-import it and like the original poster, it failed as the Strava id already exists. it's for my ride today (August 11).

Are you able to help..hope so as I'm doing the Whistler Trail Challenge! Thanks!

Try now.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
i borrow the thread here. I cannot add any rides. It says I'm connected to Strava but no ride logs appear.
Tried all i can think of.

I have used two separate email accounts on strava, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as I'm connected.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
markholloway wrote:
TimmoWhistler wrote:
@markholloway - I synced, then deleted an activity, but want to re-import it and like the original poster, it failed as the Strava id already exists. it's for my ride today (August 11).

Are you able to help..hope so as I'm doing the Whistler Trail Challenge! Thanks!

Try now.

Thanks Mark. However, I think there's at least 1 ridelog that's not being included in leaderboards, like the Trail Challenge which is this one: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/8098832/

I'm certain it's not being included because I rode the trail "Nectar Connector", which you can see in the ridelog, however, it's not being marked as ridden in the Completionist badge for Westside-Rainbow(so I also assume it's not being added to my trail count total for the Trail Challenge leaderboard). Hopefully you'll see this message before the competition ends on Sunday!! Thanks Smile

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007293
Mobile Version of Website