YT Mk2 bottle cage

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT Mk2 bottle cage
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Has anyone fit a standard bottle cage on the MK2 Jeffsy? Also, has anyone fit a sub-bottle cage pump holder on an MK2 Jeffsy?

I purchased the Fidlock bottle for my 2019 Jeffsy but I don't think I can mount anything under it. I'd love to run a Oneup EDC pump and mount it under the Fidlock but it doesn't look like it would work. That got me thinking that maybe a regular bottle cage and a small bottle will mount to the frame, and, that I'd be able to run the EDC pump as well. Although I have noticed that the spot where the Fidlock base mounts is rectangular and recessed into the frame, not sure if this would cause any issues with a normal bottle cage or when mounting a pump holder under the cage (would it rub on the down tube?). Has anyone tried?

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
Did you figure this out? What did you do? I'm considering an EDC pump kit and mount with a fidlock bottle...

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
islandforlife wrote:
Did you figure this out? What did you do? I'm considering an EDC pump kit and mount with a fidlock bottle...

OneUp told me it would not work as their pump and pump mount is designed to work with a regular bottle cage. I did not do any experimentation, figured it wasn't worth it as I always ride with a fanny pack anyways. If you experiment and find something out please do report back your findings!

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
islandforlife wrote:

OneUp told me it would not work as their pump and pump mount is designed to work with a regular bottle cage. I did not do any experimentation, figured it wasn't worth it as I always ride with a fanny pack anyways. If you experiment and find something out please do report back your findings!

Thanks, have decided to go EDC in the steerer and use a Dakine Gripper for tube and a couple Co2's... so thinking I might forego a pump altogether. Really trying to go fully bag-less.

I did read on another forum that someone just put a couple washers in-between the pump mount and the fidlock mount and said it worked just fine...

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008007
Mobile Version of Website