Formula Cura 4's

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Formula Cura 4's
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
Hi Y'all, I tryed the search first but did t see anything so I figured I'd ask. I'm working on my first trail bike build and I've been looking at brakes. Anyone have any experience with the Formula Cura 4's? Enduro mag had them in they're big brake comparison article and they where the best bang for the buck at the end. But haven't been able to find any other reviews. Hoping someone on Here can shine some light on the subject. Should I try em or just spent the extra on some mugura's or code rsc's?
TIA

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
Surely you mean formula cura 4s!

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 6:56 Quote
Ahh yes ether auto correct strikes again or I'm just an idiot and just typed the wrong thing (witch is more than likely the case) lol thanks

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I was in the same boat as you and went for Cura 4 just to try something different. The brakes are awesome! I replaced the stock pads with metallic, bed them in and feel like they are perfect. Bleeding and pad alignment can be tough compared to Shimano or Sram but you'll be rewarded with every light and linear lever throw, great modulation and TONS of power.
I'd say go for it!

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
Figure I'll throw in my $.02 I just built up my new bike and went with the Cura 4's this time around. With 2 rides now (1 at a lift access park) they are bedding in and feel really good. I left the OEM pads in and not once did I have the idea that i needed more power. Bleed went smooth, but did take longer to get feeling good than it has ever taken me to do any shimano or hope brakes. I guess it wasnt much different than bleeding a sram brake. For anyone worried about following manufacturer suggestion, getting a hold of formula's mineral oil doesnt seem to be very easy at the moment.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 0:07 Quote
Any longterm updates on the Cura 4s?

I'm thinking of switching my XT / Zees for some Cura 4s on my AM bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005273
Mobile Version of Website