Bike Park in Europe with rocks and roots in forest

PB Forum :: Europe
Bike Park in Europe with rocks and roots in forest
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 2:12 Quote
Hello there.

I'd like to visit some of the european bike parks and need some recomendations, please.
First of all - lifts. I don't want to uphill by pedalling.
Second and most important - rocky and rooty trails. Better be in the forrest area but not so necessary. I don't like flat flowy "a-line"-kinda trails.
After watching lot of videos on youtube, one was very interesting cause as I see there are at least few trails that I like - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnpB8KVfvYA

Maybe there are more bike parks with trails like that?
Well, yeah, each park has that-kinda trail but - where is the biggest amount of such trails in one park?

Thank you

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
My guess is Switzerland.

Having ridden Portes Solei region last year I found the Swiss trails much more "natural" than the French trails.

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
SeniorBrucio wrote:
My guess is Switzerland.

Having ridden Portes Solei region last year I found the Swiss trails much more "natural" than the French trails.
Could you, please, point at exact parks? I mean parks where the biggest amount of preferable (for me) trails..
Thanx

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
how about la thuile or les orres, they're ews race spots

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
dude, forget about sölden, really!

when are you going?

parks I can recommend:
Leogang (45€ a day ticket)
schladming (closed for 2019 season but re-opening in 2020 with new lift and lots of new trails)
neustift (close to innsbruck), only two trails (einseinser and zweizweier) but one of the bests)
innsbruck nordkette single trail (one of the hardest trails in europe - rocky as shit)
livigno (italy) awesome bike park

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
+1 for La Thuile and although it's vehicle uplifts and not a bike park, Finale has the best riding I've come across in Europe.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
by the way, what about Saalbach (+ Leogang cause it's near)?

On of the biggest pros is Joker Card for any appartment..

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
Look up Bad Wildbad, home of only 2 dh tracks but boy are they rough.
I had I go at riding this but gave up.
Yes that is the track.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
jasminov wrote:
by the way, what about Saalbach (+ Leogang cause it's near)?

On of the biggest pros is Joker Card for any appartment..

forget saalbach - hasn't changed anything since 2012, unless you want some boring "flow" trails.
might be nice for a day though. x-line is quite nice, pro-line too, but the rest is rather flow-line for tourists.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 2:43 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Look up Bad Wildbad, home of only 2 dh tracks but boy are they rough.
I had I go at riding this but gave up.
Yes that is the track.

https://www.bad-wildbad.eu/black-forest-holiday/biking/bikepark-id_666/

that one?

any other direct link to bike park with Bad Wildbad trail?

https://www.bikepark-bad-wildbad.com/en/ ?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 2:58 Quote
Yep that's the one.
Bad Wildbad has 2 flow trials and 2 dh tracks. The flow trails are very easy but the dh tracks are crazy.
If you go during the week you uplift on the train but on the weekend it's a shuttle bus.

Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 8:45 Quote
jasminov wrote:
Hello there.

I'd like to visit some of the european bike parks and need some recomendations, please.
First of all - lifts. I don't want to uphill by pedalling.
Second and most important - rocky and rooty trails. Better be in the forrest area but not so necessary. I don't like flat flowy "a-line"-kinda trails.
After watching lot of videos on youtube, one was very interesting cause as I see there are at least few trails that I like - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnpB8KVfvYA

Maybe there are more bike parks with trails like that?
Well, yeah, each park has that-kinda trail but - where is the biggest amount of such trails in one park?

Thank you

Yoo! Come to MADE BIKE PARK
Madesimo, Valchiavenna (So) 1hr north from Lake Como and Milan
- North N Line // MTB Instructors // Trail Builder will be there to guide and bike with you!

Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 13:04 Quote
Sinaia in Romania has some nice trails and a gondola. You start in the alpine zone then eventually descend through the forest.

North Italy has a lot of scenic rides where you can lift. Definitely should check out the ones North of Milan recommended above. I prefer the Dolomites, but only because of the exposure on the trails used to climb and descend.

Austria has a lot of places but it is also very annoyingly popular which tends to significantly reduce the number of laps you can pull off in a day.

Switzerland is ok if you have a trust fund. Then again, for the price of staying and biking in Switzerland you can just charter a helicopter to put you on whatever mountaintop you want. The Pakistani Air Force will lift you to above 7,000 meters.....

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 1:18 Quote
go to La Thuile if you like steep rooty and natural trails in the woods!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014491
Mobile Version of Website