YT industry’s customer service

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT industry’s customer service
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 23:56 Quote
I own the jeffsy and the decoy.
When I bought my jeffsy the bike was in transit for over 2 months. I had send mulitple e-mails to YT service desk who directed me to DHL, while DHL redirected me to the shipper. Eventually the bike turned up at YT and had never been shipped. They gave me a t-shirt, Size XXL for the troubles. (I wear size M)

I then ordered the decoy in 2019. This again took ages to get delivered. Shipping was postponed because of a shortage in parts. At least I was warned via e-mail.
I finally receive my bike and I was impressed. Great bike!
4 months in though, the bike will not start. The battery was broken and YT needed the Decoy to be shipped back to them.
It was at their HQ for over a month. After a couple of reminders I receive a mail in which they said that they changed the battery as a 'token of goodwill' and will do a maintenance on the bike with discount. Great ????
When I receive my bike back home, the battery is not new. It has some signs of wear and I suspect it to be from a demo or refurbished. However, the battery and my bike works again , so I did not really care.

2 weeks ago, after a ride, the battery stopped working again while still half full. Exact same issue as before.
I logged a ticket with YT, but have yet to receive a reply despite sending reminders through mail and social media. Only dead silence.
I now own a 25kg useless bike and no way of fixing the issue.

I'm truly disappointed and angry. A lot of fancy marketing and show, but appaling support for paying customers.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 3:22 Quote
TMZ84 - Did you get a response to your warranty ticket yet?

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 3:20 Quote
JeffsyChris wrote:

Unfortunately not. I've send reminder e-mails, reached out on FB and Instagram. Even contacted the founder Markus (worth a try). Not one reply through either channel.

Tried calling twice yesterday but was kept waiting for 20 mins each time with an automatic message each couple of minutes stating that it's busy and they will help shortly.

I've read multiple topics online where people complain about receiving no feedback from the service desk or YT not answering the phone.

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
I've purchased 3 bikes from YT: 2017 Tues AL, 2018 Dirt Love and 2020 Capra Base. The assembly quality went down during the years. I suspect they were trying to grab the market share in the beginning and now can run with a bit sloppier QA. The first bike that I got - YT Tues was fantastic, not a single issue on it, assembly was perfect, they even aligned Tyre logos to rim logos perfectly. I sold it recently. The second bike - Dirt Love, is good too, but I spotted some paint issues on the frame, complained to YT and they said "we'll keep an eye on it". The last bike, 2020 Capra was ok too, but lower assembly QA, some bolts are not torqued to spec, very thin paint layer on the frame, grease is missing in some places. But these are minor things considering the price for the bike. In LBS I would pay double that easily. I contacted their customer service (European branch) multiple times in the past 3 years and always get a response the next business day. It's is slowed this year due to the pandemic, but they are still responding in 1 to 2 business days. Funny thing happened with the pedals that they are selling - I paid for it, they did not reserve the pedals for me and it ran out of stock so I did not get the pedals eventually, but they will ship it separately free of charge.

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
TMZ84 wrote:
JeffsyChris wrote:

Unfortunately not. I've send reminder e-mails, reached out on FB and Instagram. Even contacted the founder Markus (worth a try). Not one reply through either channel.

Tried calling twice yesterday but was kept waiting for 20 mins each time with an automatic message each couple of minutes stating that it's busy and they will help shortly.

I've read multiple topics online where people complain about receiving no feedback from the service desk or YT not answering the phone.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004975
Mobile Version of Website