Kids bike 6 speed grip shift goes to far

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Kids bike 6 speed grip shift goes to far
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I am working on my kids 6 speed specialized bike with a grip shift.. high limit is set. low limit is set and indexing is good.. problem is when shifting to first , the twist shift can be twisted a wee bit past the 1 on the shifter making chain go off the biggest sprocket near wheel how can i fix this? if i lower the limit screw it will click as its in between gears.. any other ideas? i told my kid when switching gears stop at the 1 and do go past that be we run risk of chain keep coming off.. any other thoughts?? is the grip shifter supposed to stop at 1 ? and not go farther? one of our other bikes shifter goes slight past 1 but chain does not come off..
help!

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
It sounds like the lower limit screw is not set correctly. Id revisit that. The barrel adjuster on the rear derailleur is the only thing that should affect the index accuracy, unless the derailleur hanger is bent.

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
If your limit screws are set right then the shifter will not be able to push the derailleur too far in either direction. Sounds like you may need to adjust your low limit.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008907
Mobile Version of Website