Smart watches

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
HI! am new to the smart watch scene.just looking for real world experience within mountain bike watches.please re-direct me if in wrong forum. I am looking for a watch that can calculate my distance traveled along with time. I ride downhill and would like to see my downhill times and speed and distance. GPS would be cool also. suunto? garmin? strava? looking for round 200.00 or less. thanks

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
Apple Watch series 3 or newer has gps and will do it all with Strava. Works great but it’s fragile.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
Most will have GPS abilities. I have used a wide range including Android wear, Garmin and currently Samsung Gear. If my Samsung broke I'd be buying a Garmin. Much better fitness features but still have the basic smartwatch needs.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
Rocking a Garmin 935. Had several bad crashes where my watch was the first thing to hit the ground and it’s still going strong. Have to charge it every 10-14 days depending on how many times a week I use the GPS feature. It will be replaced with another 935 or the successor if it ever fails me. 2k miles of trail so far and no problems.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 4:38 Quote
Just ordered a Suunto Spartan HR. I'll let you know what I think after using it for a bit. Has all the features I was looking for and way more! But it was more than 200 bucks. Curious to see what feedback you'll get from this thread.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
I have the Garmin Fenix 3 HR. As a smart watch, its ok. The screen isn't as sexy as an Apple watch. It has apps, but probably not as good as the Apple of Samsung offerings.

As a fitness tracker its pretty good. The screen is great for outdoors, heart rate monitoring works great, battery life is excellent and the ability to load a route (GPX file) onto the watch and navigate is very handy.

However, I'm jealous of the Garmin Edge bike computers (530 being one) that have much better Strava and Trailforks integration and navigation features.

The Fenix is a good do it all device, but I really don't care that much about having a smart watch. I don't run much. In hindsight I probably would have preferred getting an Edge 530 and a separate heart rate monitor for my biking.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009035
Mobile Version of Website