Giant Reign 29er 2020

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Reign 29er 2020
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
Anybody got any news of the Giant Reign 29er? I believe it will drop in the coming days.

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
Yep, they are up on the Giant site.

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
You got a link? I can only find the 27.5 versions

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
belm0nt wrote:
Yep, they are up on the Giant site.

29 is still under embargo. So not on yet.
27.5s are though

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
Doh my bad. I was looking at the Trance.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
Embargo will be lifted August 7. I got a sneak peak though. There is a $8000 Advanced version with fox factory suspension and sram eagle and carbon wheels, a $5000 advanced with fox and sram and aluminum wheels, a Aluminum SX version for $4000 with coil fox and sram plus a few others with RockShox for around $3000 and 2800. Looks pretty nice but I hope they make a frameset available. 65 head angle and 76 seat angle with very long reach (I think it was 490mm for a large but It might have been XL). Also the SX has a 170 fork while the others use 160.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 1:31 Quote
Dropped.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-2020-giant-reign-advanced-29.html

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
$4000 for the Reign 2 in AUD.......thats a lot more canyon for the money

Giant have dropped the ball on specs since i got my 2016 Reign.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 0:34 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
$4000 for the Reign 2 in AUD.......thats a lot more canyon for the money

Giant have dropped the ball on specs since i got my 2016 Reign.

Canyon are direct sale so its almost impossible to match that in store.
Giant do come pretty close to it though, but the with the added benefit of a superb afterservice that doesn't leave you waiting.

How have they dropped the ball on specs?

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 2:42 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
$4000 for the Reign 2 in AUD.......thats a lot more canyon for the money

Giant have dropped the ball on specs since i got my 2016 Reign.

True. 2016 with full Xt, Pike, Monarch plus was $3400 at the time. Never paid full retail for mine though. Still considering a step down in specs just to get the superior STA on the 29er.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
timbud wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
$4000 for the Reign 2 in AUD.......thats a lot more canyon for the money

Giant have dropped the ball on specs since i got my 2016 Reign.

Canyon are direct sale so its almost impossible to match that in store.
Giant do come pretty close to it though, but the with the added benefit of a superb afterservice that doesn't leave you waiting.

How have they dropped the ball on specs?

as emponix mentioned i paid $3400 cash for mine Reign 2 with a Pike and SLX/Deore stuff on it,every model after the spec has been cheaper eg Yari fork etc

as for the after service that's all up to the dealer so are good others shit.

Canyon can be a PITA being German but we have a Canyon service centre in Aus(i live in Tasmania so any part is a waiting game) now so its better than it was some time ago....... its not my first time with online brands, Commencal and Octane one

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
Well, your money isn't as worth as much as it used to be a couple of years ago. And everything just costs more nowadays... you can blame Trump a little for that, but a lot is down to China buying almost all raw materials and bike companies don't order much to have enough buying power to get good prices.

Plus current low/mid end components are easily comparable to the quality of the higher end stuff... even from a few years ago. Especially with suspension.

I never understand why people get hung up on groupset spec... they're the easiest and cheapest parts to upgrade.

I focus on a good frame with decent shocks and everything else can be a compromise at first, especially because an off the shelf bike will never be the perfect spec for me. Bars, grips, seat, tyres all change almost straight away and then brakes, drivetrain, wheels.

After-service is a little with the dealer... but the regional supplier is more important. If you're not happy with your local dealer, go to another one. Even if you have to travel a bit further.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 6:48 Quote
timbud wrote:
Well, your money isn't as worth as much as it used to be a couple of years ago. And everything just costs more nowadays... you can blame Trump a little for that, but a lot is down to China buying almost all raw materials and bike companies don't order much to have enough buying power to get good prices.

pfft Trump this or that BS, if i compare it to any of my other "hobbies" then MTB are some of the worst for value for money

timbud wrote:
Plus current low/mid end components are easily comparable to the quality of the higher end stuff... even from a few years ago. Especially with suspension.

yeah Nah..... i ride more "modern" bikes with "better" suspension every chance i get and use my Pike as a base line,i can tell them a part and its the most expensive part on the bike.

timbud wrote:
I never understand why people get hung up on groupset spec... they're the easiest and cheapest parts to upgrade.

I focus on a good frame with decent shocks and everything else can be a compromise at first, especially because an off the shelf bike will never be the perfect spec for me. Bars, grips, seat, tyres all change almost straight away and then brakes, drivetrain, wheels.

i agree to a point on the specs....and that point is brakes and shifter.....and to an extent dropper posts,these three are in my opinion expensive to replace(except the shifter)

timbud wrote:
After-service is a little with the dealer... but the regional supplier is more important. If you're not happy with your local dealer, go to another one. Even if you have to travel a bit further.

Australia's suppliers(cycling in general) are some of the worst i have ever seen for piss poor service and attitude and costs(which the dealers must pass on) if they tried the kind of BS they do in Engineering circle they would be taken over in months.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
How many of your other hobbies have such complex equipment though?

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
timbud wrote:
How many of your other hobbies have such complex equipment though?

Bicycles are not complex till you get into ebikes or gearboxes

Guns, motorcycles,computers are all far better value for money sadly(yes really)these days

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007700
Mobile Version of Website