Giant Reign 29er 2020

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Reign 29er 2020
Posted: Dec 8, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
Jknoxville01 wrote:
Has anyone else experienced fairly regular pinch flatting with the TR1 alu rims? just picked up the 2020 for this season and I've pinched flat and ruined 2 brand new rear tires and punctured one the brand new tire in less than 10 rides. I have never had a pinch flat prior to this. I ride in the Northeast and I guess my luck has run out, I've only had a flat one other time in a decade of riding other bikes in a similar fashion. im riding 25psi-ish

100% experiencing this. Ruined a 5 ride old Maxxis Assegai while running a panzer insert. Sliced straight through. The panzer insert is rubbish. I switched to a cushcore on a brand new Maxxis Assegai and did exactly the same thing even thought I had cushcore and was also running a few more PSI (26psi) The rim edge is way too narrow profile. One more puncture from the rim and I'm ditching them and building some new ones which is crap seeing as they are good hoops other than that stupid sharp edge

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
sandgroper79 wrote:
Jknoxville01 wrote:
Has anyone else experienced fairly regular pinch flatting with the TR1 alu rims? just picked up the 2020 for this season and I've pinched flat and ruined 2 brand new rear tires and punctured one the brand new tire in less than 10 rides. I have never had a pinch flat prior to this. I ride in the Northeast and I guess my luck has run out, I've only had a flat one other time in a decade of riding other bikes in a similar fashion. im riding 25psi-ish

100% experiencing this. Ruined a 5 ride old Maxxis Assegai while running a panzer insert. Sliced straight through. The panzer insert is rubbish. I switched to a cushcore on a brand new Maxxis Assegai and did exactly the same thing even thought I had cushcore and was also running a few more PSI (26psi) The rim edge is way too narrow profile. One more puncture from the rim and I'm ditching them and building some new ones which is crap seeing as they are good hoops other than that stupid sharp edge

I hear you! Im on Cush core too atm and if this tire gets punctured im switching rims, which is unfortunate since these are so light.

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Hi,
can anyone tell me the shock size and hardware sizes for a 2021 Giant Reign 29, Advanced Pro 1

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/nz/reign-advanced-pro-29-1

I need to find a new shock for a friend and they don't know the size. Giant website doesn't say size.

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
205x60 trunnion mount, no shock hardware needed.

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
jason114 wrote:
205x60 trunnion mount, no shock hardware needed.

Thank you!

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
Hi guys,
since im not pretty happy with RS deluxe+ shock on my Reign29, im thinking of replacement.

Does anyone running RS Super Deluxe ultimate on Reign 29er and if, how do you like it?? Does the brand new shock need to be custom tuned for Giant to get better preformance with maestro or will off the shelf tune be good as well?

Tnx✌️

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
Yes. I'm running Super deluxe ultimate in m/m tune and megneg. I'm very happy with it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Looking at purchasing a 2020 Reign, and I'm interested if anyone knows with the factory setup, what the steerer tube length is on the fork. On a size M if that matters.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 21:27 Quote
Arawlins wrote:
Looking at purchasing a 2020 Reign, and I'm interested if anyone knows with the factory setup, what the steerer tube length is on the fork. On a size M if that matters.

Just measuring roughly without taking anything off the bike, mine is around 175mm.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 6:45 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Just measuring roughly without taking anything off the bike, mine is around 175mm.

Thanks for the info!

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
Anyone ran a 220 or 223 rotor on the rear of the alloy Reign 29?

I'm going to be getting new galfer rotors and wasn't sure if the rear end is rated to take a 223 rotor, I have adapters that will take the 160PM to 223 but if its rated for max 203 then i'll just run that instead.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 23:55 Quote
callumjevonsmtb wrote:

I'm going to be getting new galfer rotors and wasn't sure if the rear end is rated to take a 223 rotor, I have adapters that will take the 160PM to 223 but if its rated for max 203 then i'll just run that instead.

I’ve ran one for atleast a year on the carbon, I don’t think many frames will say much about 223, but I’ve had it for ages and it’s fine. No signs of stress on the mounts

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
Willroberts95 wrote:
callumjevonsmtb wrote:

I’ve ran one for atleast a year on the carbon, I don’t think many frames will say much about 223, but I’ve had it for ages and it’s fine. No signs of stress on the mounts

Cheers that's good to hear, I ended up getting Magura 220's just need to bed them in and see how they go next week

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Hi guys, does anyone know how many and what type of bearings are used in the linkage? Reign alu 2021...

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
Hello
So can anyone give a conclusion about travel adjust and getting a 65mmstroke shock?
Im really considering getting a bomber cr
Can anyone tell how did it change the balance of the bike since it came with 146mm
Will i need to up my fork to 170mm ?
And if u had the regin 2 how did u like the stock shock [rockshox deluxe select +]
I got 3 tokens inside and it kinda feels harsh while charging thro rough terrain

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006413
Mobile Version of Website