Giant Reign 29er 2020

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Reign 29er 2020
O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 4:26 Quote
AmmarKhaiat wrote:
Does anyone know what size is the buttom bracket of the regin sx 2022 for shimano press fit
I think it should be same for all models 2022 but i dont know the dimenssions .. if anyone could help

Thanks

PF92 bottom bracket

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 1:29 Quote
Ricky982 wrote:
Hey
One querstion about rear suspension on our Reigns 29"
I am running a Reign 2 29" 2021. I have change charger on my Yari to RC 2.1 and put a Super Deluxe Select + on the rear. Now i bought a Megneg and i like to know if someone is running a Megneg on their bikes and what setup did you run? At this moment i'm running this setup: No spacers in + chamber and 3 bands in - chamber with 220psi . I have 80kg
I want that bike feels a bit more plush over the rocky and rooty sections and on a small bumps.
TNX for answers

Try to increase travel to 65 mm

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 9:35 Quote
muerte wrote:
Ricky982 wrote:
Hey
I am running a Reign 2 29" 2021. I have change charger on my Yari to RC 2.1 and put a Super Deluxe Select + on the rear. Now i bought a Megneg and i like to know if someone is running a Megneg on their bikes and what setup did you run? At this moment i'm running this setup: No spacers in + chamber and 3 bands in - chamber with 220psi . I have 80kg
I want that bike feels a bit more plush over the rocky and rooty sections and on a small bumps.
TNX for answers

How are you finding an extra 20mm?

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2023 at 6:19 Quote
Starsky686 wrote:
muerte wrote:
Ricky982 wrote:
Hey
TNX for answers

How are you finding an extra 20mm?

Hei
Sorry for late response. I don’t mean travel, i mean the stroke from your SD! When you update your stroke up to 65 mm you will get probably 158 mm rear travel (!). Maybe this will help you? I run my Reign like this.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2023 at 6:22 Quote
Any thoughts how to protect Maestro-Link-Axle between seattube and tyre from mud. Is there a fender out there fitting to reign?

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 11:48 Quote
muerte wrote:
Any thoughts how to protect Maestro-Link-Axle between seattube and tyre from mud. Is there a fender out there fitting to reign?

This is on my Trek Rail, but I have the same on my Trance. It's crafters' foam fastened with mounting tape.
Trek Rail Mud Flap

Posted: Apr 7, 2023 at 9:19 Quote
slomtbr wrote:

This is on my Trek Rail, but I have the same on my Trance. It's crafters' foam fastened with mounting tape.
Trek Rail Mud Flap

Very neat solution. Is it firm enough, so it doesn't flap? Also, since Trance or Reign are sort of vpp, lower link seems to move up quite more than on abp/single pivot, doesn't it?

Posted: Apr 7, 2023 at 9:29 Quote
frango wrote:
slomtbr wrote:

Trek Rail Mud Flap

Very neat solution. Is it firm enough, so it doesn't flap? Also, since Trance or Reign are sort of vpp, lower link seems to move up quite more than on abp/single pivot, doesn't it?

Solution above is about as slick as it can get. It's super cheap and does the trick neatly. Just put the foam where it best suits the travel of the bike. You could also 3D print a mud guard and fasten it to the bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 8:47 Quote
frango wrote:
slomtbr wrote:

Trek Rail Mud Flap

If it flaps, I can't hear it.
I've had it on Trances since 2013, and the flap works well with extra movement of the Maestro suspension vs the APB on my Trek.

Posted: Apr 11, 2023 at 3:28 Quote
slomtbr wrote:
I've had it on Trances since 2013, and the flap works well with extra movement of the Maestro suspension vs the APB on my Trek.

Great!
Can you share a link to any page with kind of foam, so I could look for it on my local market?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2023 at 10:01 Quote
frango wrote:
slomtbr wrote:

Great!
Can you share a link to any page with kind of foam, so I could look for it on my local market?
I can't post the link, but search amazon.pl for 2mm foam.

Posted: Apr 20, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
Got it! Big Grin

slomtbr wrote:
frango wrote:
slomtbr wrote:

Great!
I can't post the link, but search amazon.pl for 2mm foam.

Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 1:26 Quote
So my OEM Float X2 (black stanchion, I think it was called "performance") blew up for the 3rd time in 1.5 years.

Thankfully warranty service in Spain-Portugal is truly amazing and fast. Props to those guys at Bicimax.

This time, they finally gave up on it and gave me a brand new factory shock for replacement. Pretty sick. I hope that this one works either because of luck or because of the design being improved to not have the issues it clearly has.

That said, I am thinking of getting a simple/cheap coil shock as my B shock and to try it out and have fun.

Has anyone had good experiences with coil shocks on this frame? Bang for the buck options are welcomed!

Posted: Jun 29, 2023 at 14:57 Quote
Does Anyone have Alu frame from 2020/21/22 in MEDIUM size with 205x65 or at least 62.5? I am wondering if there is enough space for change from 60 to 65 or 62.5

Posted: Jul 31, 2023 at 10:05 Quote
PL: Hej, z tego co wiem/pamiętam, profile/średnice zewnętrzne rur w ramach aluminiowych są znacznie mniejsze w porównaniu z karbonowymi, więc prześwit pomiędzy podsiodłówką a wachaczem jest większy. Mam RAP29 w rozmiarze M, z amortyzatorem o skoku 65, i do tej pory, czyli przez 3 lata nie miałem żadnych problemów w sytuacjach dobicia zawieszenia. Mam powietrznego Ohlinsa z małą puszką, jeśli to ma jakieś znaczenie.

EN: Yes Wink

litera wrote:
Does Anyone have Alu frame from 2020/21/22 in MEDIUM size with 205x65 or at least 62.5? I am wondering if there is enough space for change from 60 to 65 or 62.5

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016000
Mobile Version of Website