PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
2020 Kona Process 153 CR DL 27.5

2020 Kona Process 153 CR DL 27.5

Kona has done an awesome paint job with their CR/DL 27.5! tup tup tup

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
That thing is so sick!

Any 6'2"-ish guys on the XL that like the long reach and wheelbase?

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Since I have one on the way, what's everyone using for frame protection? Particularly under the down tube. This is my first carbon frame, and I want to protect it from any kind of strikes in that area.

I use RideWrap and it’s worked well so far

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
So I had been having a hard time tracing a creaking sound on my 2019 Kona Process 153SE (2014-2017 frame design)
After greasing headset, seatpost, cranks, chainring interface & replacing the BB...I decided to order a bearing set.

As I unbolted the strut and yoke from the rocker, I noticed play in the rocker. Got the rocker off and the carbon "bridge" seems to be bonded into the rocker arm via glue. It just plopped out. Found it yesterday and now anxiously awaiting a response from my shop and Kona warranty.

Holding out hope since I'm the original owner and registered immediately so I have the lifetime warranty. Anyone else had this happen?

Kona Process 153 carbon bridge
Kona Process 153 carbon bridge

https://2019.konaworld.com/process_153_se.cfm

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
Oft, thats not good. Hope the warranty process is trouble free.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
Might be worth sanding and re epoxying. Obviously you know what will happen if it doesn't work. I've had pivots in carbon frames re glued with great success

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 20:11 Quote
TreeBeak wrote:

Anything but. They declined it as warranty. Tried to say I did it disassembling the rear end. I took the rear end apart because it was creaking. And it's just bolts that back out, nothing that would expand that big rocker. You could see the play in it before I disassembled the rear. They talked like I somehow yanked on something. The struts & yoke slide ride off the front and back of the rocker. So shady.

And the guy wants to charge me $70 for the part. His recommendation was to just epoxy it and ride. So basically, if you're the original owner of a Kona with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, you don't have a warranty. Screw Kona.

I'll never buy another. I've owned any number of brands for 25+ years and never been dismissed like that. Iron Horse was going under and would still support people with warranty.

I feel bad for the shop owner. Imagine how Kona makes him look. And he's got a family to feed that depends on the brands servicing his clients. He felt bad about it and offered to pay half. I epoxyed it last night and I'm gonna ride the thing tomorrow.

Crappy!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
blowmyfuse wrote:
TreeBeak wrote:

Anything but. They declined it as warranty. Tried to say I did it disassembling the rear end. I took the rear end apart because it was creaking. And it's just bolts that back out, nothing that would expand that big rocker. You could see the play in it before I disassembled the rear. They talked like I somehow yanked on something. The struts & yoke slide ride off the front and back of the rocker. So shady.

And the guy wants to charge me $70 for the part. His recommendation was to just epoxy it and ride. So basically, if you're the original owner of a Kona with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, you don't have a warranty. Screw Kona.

I'll never buy another. I've owned any number of brands for 25+ years and never been dismissed like that. Iron Horse was going under and would still support people with warranty.

I feel bad for the shop owner. Imagine how Kona makes him look. And he's got a family to feed that depends on the brands servicing his clients. He felt bad about it and offered to pay half. I epoxyed it last night and I'm gonna ride the thing tomorrow.

Crappy!

Haven’t you guys got some kind of consumer guarantee legislation? That sounds unfortunate but then again I have heard Kona being funny with warranties on pinkbike before.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
Picked up my new Process 153 DL 29.
Took it for a ride straight out of the shop no real set up and its impressive. Here it is with the bike its replacing.
Bad photo but the bikes a cool colour.

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
First ride today on the Marz Z1. Going from a 27.5 DVO to the 29 Z1 was a huge improvement. I forgot how much better coil forks are. The weight penalty is meaningless. The coil with the big wheel just ate bumps up. A little extra bb clearance was actually a nice benefit as well. As my pedals will tell you, I have a habit of smashing them off rocks and today I barely clipped them riding the same sections that I usually tag. The mullet setup on the Process is fun. Climbing felt the same, just able to roll over things a bit easier.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
Hey yo guys, update on my broken rocker link. Kona sent me a new one for about 300$, they sent me the beefier version of the link which seems reasonably stronger than the previous version.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
Right on. I think that’s fair for what it is.

I’ve got a offset bushing coming to slacken the head angle by 0.5 deg. Doesn’t seem like a ton but why the hell not.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Hey yo guys, update on my broken rocker link. Kona sent me a new one for about 300$, they sent me the beefier version of the link which seems reasonably stronger than the previous version.

Thats good news. Benefits everyone.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
Great read guys.

I also picked my new Kona 153 CR after the lockdown and took it for its first rides over the long weekend. Feels like a great upgrade from 'old red' which i've included a photo of below as well.

Not much changed, just a few cosmetic look things - new grips, seat-post clamp and coloured valves for the tubeless. Wrapped in Ride-Wrap.

Can't wait to get back out on the next ride.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:30 Quote
Yakfisher589 wrote:
Great read guys.

I also picked my new Kona 153 CR after the lockdown and took it for its first rides over the long weekend. Feels like a great upgrade from 'old red' which i've included a photo of below as well.

Not much changed, just a few cosmetic look things - new grips, seat-post clamp and coloured valves for the tubeless. Wrapped in Ride-Wrap.

Can't wait to get back out on the next ride.

Did you get a good deal from Evo as well? Looks cool man. You keeping the old one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010557
Mobile Version of Website