Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Author Message
Posted: Jun 24, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
Just unscrew the top collar on the post and shove some slickoleum or sram butter down there. It's a little messy but it will help, as you cycle the post up and down it will get less sticky.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
okidou wrote:
Mine too... it's a generic, sealed cartridge. From what I saw, it's in need of a service. Can be simply done. I guess they do not come rightly greased sometimes. Mine has small lateral play too, and servicing could correct that. Just too lazy to do it, I prefer riding, should have done it this winter Wink

Crankhead1985 wrote:
Troxis wrote:


I am 5’6” and my medium fits me perfectly. Damn it!!! That's why it bugs me they don't have the bike in the shop. I have a medium on it's way from another shop. Had to put a deposit down for it. I really would like to be try the medium size too.

Well, will have to ask them to bring the medium should the large bit too big.

I am interested in that damper upgrade.

I would also like to note that the dropper post that came on my bike is not the best. It sticks some and I find myself having to pull the seat up the rest of the way more often than I like.

Can you pump more air into your post?

I had to disassemble seat clamp, there is a valve under it. Recommended pressure is 280-300psi. I was sitting between 100-150psi.
If you like your seat setup, It’s worth marking the seat position somehow before you take it all apart. I used some scotch tape.

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Troxis wrote:
okidou wrote:
Mine too... it's a generic, sealed cartridge. From what I saw, it's in need of a service. Can be simply done. I guess they do not come rightly greased sometimes. Mine has small lateral play too, and servicing could correct that. Just too lazy to do it, I prefer riding, should have done it this winter Wink

Crankhead1985 wrote:


Can you pump more air into your post?

I had to disassemble seat clamp, there is a valve under it. Recommended pressure is 280-300psi. I was sitting between 100-150psi.
If you like your seat setup, It’s worth marking the seat position somehow before you take it all apart. I used some scotch tape.

Ok, I have the 2018 AL, so can be different based on the year and model.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
Been on a few rides on the new bike (process 153 al dl 29). Loving it so far.

I do my own maintenance etc. Anything to look out for specifically with these frames ? Any bolts coming loose regularly etc?

Thanks

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 8:39 Quote
I just got a 2019 process cr/dL 27.5 and was wondering how y’all are running the suspension? I have 3 tokens in the fork and the HSC fully open. 200psi in the rear and I weigh 165lbs

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
165lbs as well. I'm running 1 token up front 75-80 psi with the new debonair air cart. Was running 85 psi with the original & 1 token.

About 180 psi rear.

These are subject to change as I haven't truly dialed it in yet. Still working on it. Might end up with a larger volume spacer in the rear shock.

Shouldn't need 3 tokens out front unless you're a hucker.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
it came with 2 tokens, i will definetly go back to that. i feel like i need a slightly bigger spacer in the rear, i dont know what comes stock. i would consider my self a hucker but not like crazy! was wondering whats the best HSC/LSC for fork and the LSC for the shock. thanks eshew. i do need a more aggressive set up for it but not overly.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 20:47 Quote
im running 100psi with 2 tokens in the fork (debonair 2020 airspring) and 120psi in the shock (cane creek db air cs) full of volume spacers. Fork: fast rebound, no compression. Shock: fast low speed rebound, medium highspeed rebound, no high speed compression and a little bit of low speed compression. I weigh about 145lb (66kg).

Might drop fork pressure and add more volume spacers.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
Just joined the Kona Gang! Got a 2019 Process 153 CR 29 on its way. It was brand new with factory warranty for $3,700 with shipping and fees. I've never road one but it looked like the right geo for me and from what I've read here and other places it looks like a really badass bike.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
I picked up a 2018 CR in XL back in June and have been loving it. I wanted a big, burly bike that I could take to the resort and ride gnarlier trails, but also pedal around our cross-country routes.

For its size, travel and weight, the 153 pedals surprisingly well. I have to earn the descents...but man, dropping into a long downhill on this thing is so worth all the effort up.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 1:58 Quote
I've read on another forum that the rear triangle used on a 2020 27.5 process is the same rear triangle as the 29er version. Has anyone put 29er wheels on a 27.5 process 153 frame? Currently running my 2020 process 153 CR/DL as a mullet and would be curious how the 29er wheel would affect the handling.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
davidle03 wrote:
I've read on another forum that the rear triangle used on a 2020 27.5 process is the same rear triangle as the 29er version. Has anyone put 29er wheels on a 27.5 process 153 frame? Currently running my 2020 process 153 CR/DL as a mullet and would be curious how the 29er wheel would affect the handling.

How are you liking the mullet setup?

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
davidle03 wrote:
I've read on another forum that the rear triangle used on a 2020 27.5 process is the same rear triangle as the 29er version. Has anyone put 29er wheels on a 27.5 process 153 frame? Currently running my 2020 process 153 CR/DL as a mullet and would be curious how the 29er wheel would affect the handling.

How are you liking the mullet setup?

I’m running the mullet on my Process and it’s been great. The increased rollover on the front without losing the nimble rear end is so much fun.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
davidle03 wrote:
I've read on another forum that the rear triangle used on a 2020 27.5 process is the same rear triangle as the 29er version. Has anyone put 29er wheels on a 27.5 process 153 frame? Currently running my 2020 process 153 CR/DL as a mullet and would be curious how the 29er wheel would affect the handling.

How are you liking the mullet setup?

I really like the mullet set up compared to the stock 27.5 setup. Much better front wheel rollover and It slackens the bike just a bit to make it more comfortable on the steep and fast dowhnhills. I'm running a 150mm yari 29 with a push coil conversion.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
Question for those with 153 CR or CR/DL. I want to service the shock and put on a megneg, but I can't get the lower eyelet bolt out. The non-drive side comes out easy, however the drive side bolt spins but doesn't back out and I can see the threads spinning with it from the other side. I tried putting the other one back in and tightening it and then removing the drive side but it always ends up working against the other side and loosening that.

Is this a case of penetrating oil + some freeze spray with hopes of breaking the other bolt from the shaft or am I doing something else wrong?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005991
Mobile Version of Website