Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
krispcom wrote:
Question for those with 153 CR or CR/DL. I want to service the shock and put on a megneg, but I can't get the lower eyelet bolt out. The non-drive side comes out easy, however the drive side bolt spins but doesn't back out and I can see the threads spinning with it from the other side. I tried putting the other one back in and tightening it and then removing the drive side but it always ends up working against the other side and loosening that.

Is this a case of penetrating oil + some freeze spray with hopes of breaking the other bolt from the shaft or am I doing something else wrong?

Mine was a bit tight too, I just unthreaded the non-drive side bolt a bit until it stuck out, then tapped it with a mallet to push the other side out. Btw, to install the megneg you're also going to need to remove your shock eyelet bushing, otherwise you won't be able to get the air can on and off.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
I think the one that's stuck is threaded internally but not externally. So spinning it isn't going to do anything. You'll most likely have to push it out. Small Allen key or thick wooden skewer should to the trick with a little force. Assuming rear wheel is removed.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 19:54 Quote
thanks everyone ill give that a try next time i have time to take it apart again.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 21:21 Quote
How are people finding the Megnegs on these?
Considering it myself

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
I just put a Jade coil on mine. Just pedaling around the trails around my house, there is noticeable pedal bob for sure compared to the super deluxe. I’m going to take it on some proper DH runs this weekend though to give it a good test. Anyone else running the Jade and have any setting recommendations?

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2020 at 19:38 Quote
Got the megneg installed today. By far the most annoying part was drifting out that threaded bushing or whatever you'd call it to get the shock out of the frame. I dont think I have a lot of life left in the screw on the other side (lower shock mount, non-drive side screw) -- anyone happen to have the specs on it? will probably need to replace it next time i take it out because it is stripping. Didn't look to be in any of the kona replacement part kits.

With regards to the megneg i needed +30psi to get back to correct sag, i went with the manual recommended 1 bottomless token and 2 bands. Feels a lot plusher at the top but also seems to stay stuck to the ground better. Hit some jumps and drops and didn't bottom it out but used nearly all the travel.

Posted: Jul 17, 2020 at 20:02 Quote
http://konaparts.com/product/frame-part-cmpbtg2pr17/

Here you go my dude

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
TacosMcGee wrote:
http://konaparts.com/product/frame-part-cmpbtg2pr17/

Here you go my dude

Many thanks!

You guys are the best.

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
Hey guys,

I've recently got the 2020 Kona Process 153 27.5". How do I find out the measurement of the shock in order to look for a replacement option?

Is it me or the Guide T's are shite?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 2:13 Quote
Crankhead1985 wrote:
Hey guys,

I've recently got the 2020 Kona Process 153 27.5". How do I find out the measurement of the shock in order to look for a replacement option?

Cheers

Hey it should say on the back of the seat tube.
But should be 205x60 (trunnion)
What's the issue with them? Levers come in too far ?

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
Hey! I have a 2018 Kona Process 153 SE with the Monarch R shock. Its a second bike almost new and I want to upgrade the components. Looking to upgrade but I don't understand the shock hardware piece. I can't find the proper hardware sizing anywhere on KONA site. I was told I need the 15mm open end option on FB. Still not sure what to order. I'd like a CC DB AIR or DVO Topaz but not sure if they fit when they come or if I have to get hardware. I talked to DVO on the phone and they couldn't find the 2018 Process hardware sizes either. Any ideas?

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 20:20 Quote
Hi all, so I was cleaning/re-greasing my headset on my 2020 Kona Process and noticed quite a bit of wear on the green spacer. Has anyone encountered this before? Also, does anyone know how to get a replacement?

See attached photo

Thanks,

HH

photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 20:59 Quote
DanBuchanan wrote:
Crankhead1985 wrote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

Hey it should say on the back of the seat tube.
But should be 205x60 (trunnion)
What's the issue with them? Levers come in too far ?

No issues as of yet. The shock is actually pretty sturdy.

Just in case I find a bargain of a better shock. But I’m quite happy with what I got.

Not too happy about the Guide T tho. Didn’t want to believe what ppl were saying about them, but now that I have the bike I understand.

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
Plecain wrote:
Hey! I have a 2018 Kona Process 153 SE with the Monarch R shock. Its a second bike almost new and I want to upgrade the components. Looking to upgrade but I don't understand the shock hardware piece. I can't find the proper hardware sizing anywhere on KONA site. I was told I need the 15mm open end option on FB. Still not sure what to order. I'd like a CC DB AIR or DVO Topaz but not sure if they fit when they come or if I have to get hardware. I talked to DVO on the phone and they couldn't find the 2018 Process hardware sizes either. Any ideas?

Your rockshox shock has standard sizes eyelets, so whatever shock you get will be compatible with the existing hardware. The front side of the shock has a standard 4 piece rockshox reducer kit. Your new shock will need metal eyelet bushing on that side, everything else should swap over. The rear facing part of the shock has no eyelet bushing, it just directly bolts to the clevis, no hardware needed. So with a new shock you'll just need one metal eyelet bushing on the top/front and you're good to go after swapping the hardware.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Hey guys, I’m looking at buying a 2020 CR 29er and that has the Fox DPX2 rear shock, how is that performing for you guys? I’ve read all the comments and it seems like a lot of people are putting the MegNeg air can on their bikes to make them more progressive, does the DPX2 feel like it’s progressive enough (I’m not sure if Fox shocks are more progressive then RockShox or anything) or have you guys found having the DPX2 has left you wanting more?

Thanks for the help!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011352
Mobile Version of Website