Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
okidou wrote:

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of chart I had, weird the values changed... I'll update my charts.

Could it be carbon vs al ?

Asked torques for 153CR so it should be right for carbon.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
Hirta wrote:
okidou wrote:

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of chart I had, weird the values changed... I'll update my charts.

My charts were saying G2 Process, CR, AL and 165. I did last season fully on the torques mentionned without issue, those where still thight when I undid them last week. For sure go with what Kona told you. I'm curious now and will ask them for a 2018 153 AL

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
eshew wrote:
okidou wrote:

Frame grinding on dropper post

Wooden dowel, the largest diameter that will fit in a cordless drill. Wrap some fabric around it to increase the diameter. Wrap that in some scotchbrite pad or sandpaper.

Usually it's the clamp or top of the seat tube, assuming you have to wiggle it to remove?

It's aluminum so shouldn't take much effort to remove the burr.

For follow up, here is a pic of the inside of the seat tube. Apart from the remaining anti-seize not cleaned on the right, you can clearly see some kind of frame alignment hole... ? Thats where the post rubs.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
okidou wrote:
eshew wrote:
okidou wrote:

Frame grinding on dropper post

Wooden dowel, the largest diameter that will fit in a cordless drill. Wrap some fabric around it to increase the diameter. Wrap that in some scotchbrite pad or sandpaper.

Usually it's the clamp or top of the seat tube, assuming you have to wiggle it to remove?

It's aluminum so shouldn't take much effort to remove the burr.

For follow up, here is a pic of the inside of the seat tube. Apart from the remaining anti-seize not cleaned on the right, you can clearly see some kind of frame alignment holes... one of them being rough. Thats where the post rubs.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
Those holes are for releasing air pressure from the tubes when the frame is welded together. Looks like they didn't do a great job deburring. Should be a simple fix.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
okidou wrote:
Hirta wrote:
okidou wrote:

My charts were saying G2 Process, CR, AL and 165. I did last season fully on the torques mentionned without issue, those where still thight when I undid them last week. For sure go with what Kona told you. I'm curious now and will ask them for a 2018 153 AL

Yeah, tightened trunnion bolts to 6nm. 12nm feels way too much..

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
If anyone here is running a deluxe you gotta buy a megneg, im two rides into it and my mind is blown. Made the old inline Deluxe RT come alive. So good. Feels like a new bike.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 22:35 Quote
Ksmcarthur wrote:
If anyone here is running a deluxe you gotta buy a megneg, im two rides into it and my mind is blown. Made the old inline Deluxe RT come alive. So good. Feels like a new bike.

I just ordered my megneg conversion. Can you share your current shock setup (psi, rebound, tokens) and rider weight?

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 1:32 Quote
Ksmcarthur wrote:

Same for me. On top of that i switched to a Cascade link, totally changed the feeling of the bike. Being fairly light i couldn't adjust my sag over 20% without bottoming out on medium hits, now i run 30% without a single problem and the suspension feels way more poppy.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
davidle03 wrote:
Ksmcarthur wrote:

I just ordered my megneg conversion. Can you share your current shock setup (psi, rebound, tokens) and rider weight?

I am 155ish kitted, I am running one positive token and zero bands, 175 Psi for 30% sag. I forget my rebound setting it's been in the same place for a long time. When the bikes out of the shop I can check. It's medium fast, if that means anything.

I started with 2 bands and one token but was a bit harsh and wasn't getting full travel. Took out the bands and it's been absolutely perfect. The climb switch is completely unnecessary now, the small bump is incredibly good, the bike feels miles and miles more supportive. Huge improvement in corners, direction changes, feels better on jumps, eats chunder, and the o ring is perfectly on the 60mm stroke marker at the end of every trail. Best money spent this year.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
fullmetaljacky wrote:
Ksmcarthur wrote:

Same for me. On top of that i switched to a Cascade link, totally changed the feeling of the bike. Being fairly light i couldn't adjust my sag over 20% without bottoming out on medium hits, now i run 30% without a single problem and the suspension feels way more poppy.

I am also lighter and had the same issue, was running 35% sag for small bump and blowing through travel all the time. Did you get both at once? Was wondering if the link and the Megneg together would be too progressive, what are you running in it?

Posted: 24 hours ago Quote
Ksmcarthur wrote:
fullmetaljacky wrote:
Ksmcarthur wrote:

I am also lighter and had the same issue, was running 35% sag for small bump and blowing through travel all the time. Did you get both at once? Was wondering if the link and the Megneg together would be too progressive, what are you running in it?

I am running two bands in the negative chamber plus one spacer in the positive, overall that works well for the type of terrain i'm riding (steep, rocky alpine terrain), but this is something you'll have to figure by yourself regarding what you ride. I would suggest to try the megneg alone first without buying the Cascade link and play with the negative air chamber, it already considerably changes the suspension feeling. I added the link for the free 7mm of travel and to be able to play with the Megneg settings more.

Posted: 23 hours ago Quote
fullmetaljacky wrote:
Ksmcarthur wrote:
fullmetaljacky wrote:

I am running two bands in the negative chamber plus one spacer in the positive, overall that works well for the type of terrain i'm riding (steep, rocky alpine terrain), but this is something you'll have to figure by yourself regarding what you ride. I would suggest to try the megneg alone first without buying the Cascade link and play with the negative air chamber, it already considerably changes the suspension feeling. I added the link for the free 7mm of travel and to be able to play with the Megneg settings more.

@fullmetaljacky What is your riding weight? I just installed my MegNeg yesterday and started with 2 bands with 220 psi to start. My riding weight is between 180-190lbs.

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
davidle03 wrote:
fullmetaljacky wrote:
Ksmcarthur wrote:

@fullmetaljacky What is your riding weight? I just installed my MegNeg yesterday and started with 2 bands with 220 psi to start. My riding weight is between 180-190lbs.

Went for a ride today with the above setup, 2 bands in the negative chamber, 0 in the positive chamber with 220 PSI. Pedaling was much improved over my progressive coil since the bike sat higher in it's travel. Off the top sensitivity was good overall but I would like it to be a bit more plush. One thing that I noticed was that I was not able to achieve full travel. I reduced the air can pressure to 200 psi, but that did not allow me to use more travel. I will add another negative band (3 total) to see if I can achieve close to full travel but worried that adding another negative band will affect the off the top sensitivity.

MegNeg - Two Negative band zero spacers - 200 PSI for 185lb rider. Not achieving full travel.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.008057
Mobile Version of Website