Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Author Message
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:
oh ok thanks for the replies i guess i was worried for nothing lol
cant wait to get a set of trp quadiems or code r brakes
have a nice day!

The 2019 153 CR/DL comes stock with Code RSC's and 200mm rotors front/rear, if that helps at all. These frames are built for burly brakes.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 7:36 Quote
bigzbraj wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:
oh ok thanks for the replies i guess i was worried for nothing lol
cant wait to get a set of trp quadiems or code r brakes
have a nice day!

The 2019 153 CR/DL comes stock with Code RSC's and 200mm rotors front/rear, if that helps at all. These frames are built for burly brakes.

yeah i guess i dont have to worry about it

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 7:45 Quote

My G2 CR MED. In Meanwhile with Negmeg Airchamber, 170mm Airshaft in the 36, 1 deg Works Comp angle set, minor mods on stem, bar and saddle. Love the bike.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
Hi guys, i just bought a second hand Fox X2 to try out on my process 153 CR, anybody knows what's the reference of the bushings i have to order? I'm a little lost with all the different ones Fox offers...

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
fullmetaljacky wrote:
Hi guys, i just bought a second hand Fox X2 to try out on my process 153 CR, anybody knows what's the reference of the bushings i have to order? I'm a little lost with all the different ones Fox offers...

Thanks!

For the 2021 model 153, the bushing size is 8mm x 20mm. Not sure if it's the same for other years or not.

In general, you can get these measurements by looking at the shock you already have. One measurement refers to the diameter of the hole through the bushing (in this case 8mm), and the other measurement is the length of that bushing (20mm)

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
sasquatchclyde wrote:
fullmetaljacky wrote:
Hi guys, i just bought a second hand Fox X2 to try out on my process 153 CR, anybody knows what's the reference of the bushings i have to order? I'm a little lost with all the different ones Fox offers...

Thanks!

For the 2021 model 153, the bushing size is 8mm x 20mm. Not sure if it's the same for other years or not.

In general, you can get these measurements by looking at the shock you already have. One measurement refers to the diameter of the hole through the bushing (in this case 8mm), and the other measurement is the length of that bushing (20mm)

Great, thanks!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
I run a 2019 Kona process 153 Cr 27.5. I’m 215 with gear and my go to daily ride is all chunk with an 7-10 foot drop to essentially flat in the middle and I have not had a single issue as far as durability goes. Just looking at the frame you’ll see that it is overbuilt at any high stress points and that was a big selling point for me. This is my second process and is my favorite bike by far. I have run specialized enduros, giant reign, giant trance, and a commencal clash and this takes them all in my book. Get out on the trail and have a good time with your killer bike.

pineapplepizza wrote:
had a fun ride at my local trails

but feeling bad rn because someone said bad things about my lovely process
he kinda ruined my day Frown

also does anyone run powerful brakes on his/her process
the guy told me that kona frames have a weak point and is prone to cracking when force is applied and talked something about strong brakes stressing frames and im worried about it now because i rly wanted to get a set of dh brakes for my process

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
I have a question about Kona's warranty system.

Recently my friend broke a 2021 kona process 153 29 frame which he bought last winter. He crashed due to the frame (chainstay) cracking and although he did not get injured severely, I think we can all agree that a frame cracking below you while you are enjoying your ride is something we all don't want.

He had registered his bike on Kona's website when he bought it, and the words on Kona's website clearly states that a new Kona bicycle purchased from an authorized Kona dealer shall be free of defective materials or workmanship for a 3 yr period of original order, lifetime if registered (exact statement will be said below)

At first he contacted his local Kona dealer, who decided to contact Kona USA. According to the local Kona dealer, Kona USA only told the local dealer that they are trying to get a replacement chainstay, and said nothing about if the warranty will be free of charge or not.

The whole process of this took too long that he emailed Kona directly, who told him to contact his local dealer.

So the question is, is he eligible for for a free-of-charge replacement of his chainstay? And is it normal for the warranty process to take so long?

I've been seeing a lot of new Kona frames, especially the 2021 process 153 models crack a lot near me and I hope they can go through the proper warranty process to get their lovely Konas back and enjoy their ride again.

FYI, he did not go to any enduro races with his kona, nor did he take bad care of it. He did put a 205x65 shock into the kona because he wanted a fox rear shock and the only available used one was a 205x65. He also changed the drivetrain to shimano deore and the brakes to shimano saints. He lives in South Korea and bought the bike in Kona's SK dealer.

Kona's warranty policies: https://konaworld.com/warranty/

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:
I have a question about Kona's warranty system.

Recently my friend broke a 2021 kona process 153 29 frame which he bought last winter. He crashed due to the frame (chainstay) cracking and although he did not get injured severely, I think we can all agree that a frame cracking below you while you are enjoying your ride is something we all don't want.

He had registered his bike on Kona's website when he bought it, and the words on Kona's website clearly states that a new Kona bicycle purchased from an authorized Kona dealer shall be free of defective materials or workmanship for a 3 yr period of original order, lifetime if registered (exact statement will be said below)

At first he contacted his local Kona dealer, who decided to contact Kona USA. According to the local Kona dealer, Kona USA only told the local dealer that they are trying to get a replacement chainstay, and said nothing about if the warranty will be free of charge or not.

The whole process of this took too long that he emailed Kona directly, who told him to contact his local dealer.

So the question is, is he eligible for for a free-of-charge replacement of his chainstay? And is it normal for the warranty process to take so long?

I've been seeing a lot of new Kona frames, especially the 2021 process 153 models crack a lot near me and I hope they can go through the proper warranty process to get their lovely Konas back and enjoy their ride again.

FYI, he did not go to any enduro races with his kona, nor did he take bad care of it. He did put a 205x65 shock into the kona because he wanted a fox rear shock and the only available used one was a 205x65. He also changed the drivetrain to shimano deore and the brakes to shimano saints. He lives in South Korea and bought the bike in Kona's SK dealer.

Kona's warranty policies: https://konaworld.com/warranty/

He should be entitled to a replacement chainstay without charge. If he wants the shop to install it though, those labour charges likely won't be covered.

My Kona warranty claim was a lengthy process. Some of the delay was the shop, some was Kona. Eventually I got my replacement frame.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 1:30 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:
I have a question about Kona's warranty system.

Recently my friend broke a 2021 kona process 153 29 frame which he bought last winter. He crashed due to the frame (chainstay) cracking and although he did not get injured severely, I think we can all agree that a frame cracking below you while you are enjoying your ride is something we all don't want.

He had registered his bike on Kona's website when he bought it, and the words on Kona's website clearly states that a new Kona bicycle purchased from an authorized Kona dealer shall be free of defective materials or workmanship for a 3 yr period of original order, lifetime if registered (exact statement will be said below)

At first he contacted his local Kona dealer, who decided to contact Kona USA. According to the local Kona dealer, Kona USA only told the local dealer that they are trying to get a replacement chainstay, and said nothing about if the warranty will be free of charge or not.

The whole process of this took too long that he emailed Kona directly, who told him to contact his local dealer.

So the question is, is he eligible for for a free-of-charge replacement of his chainstay? And is it normal for the warranty process to take so long?

I've been seeing a lot of new Kona frames, especially the 2021 process 153 models crack a lot near me and I hope they can go through the proper warranty process to get their lovely Konas back and enjoy their ride again.

FYI, he did not go to any enduro races with his kona, nor did he take bad care of it. He did put a 205x65 shock into the kona because he wanted a fox rear shock and the only available used one was a 205x65. He also changed the drivetrain to shimano deore and the brakes to shimano saints. He lives in South Korea and bought the bike in Kona's SK dealer.

Kona's warranty policies: https://konaworld.com/warranty/

He should be entitled to a replacement chainstay without charge. If he wants the shop to install it though, those labour charges likely won't be covered.

My Kona warranty claim was a lengthy process. Some of the delay was the shop, some was Kona. Eventually I got my replacement frame.


Guess what happened?
Kona sent him a replacement chainstay, free of charge, and it only took a week even during covid
good job, kona, good job

edit: welp i guess i was wrong, turns out local dealer has a ton of spare frames and parts lol

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 20:12 Quote


Had my GX AXS installed today. I don't know that I need it, but I will say that it's quite nice. I don't have any issue with the first gen AXS paddle. I think I'll quickly adapt the new muscle memory pretty quick. For the super clean cockpit, I would need the AXS Reverb to come down to $500 before I'd give it some thought. I'm super happy with how my bike looks and rides.

I'm really pleased with how my Process looks and rides. The Cascade Components link is a nice upgrade. I'm looking forward to riding some steeper and trails and then developing an informed opinion.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:
had a fun ride at my local trails

but feeling bad rn because someone said bad things about my lovely process
he kinda ruined my day Frown

also does anyone run powerful brakes on his/her process
the guy told me that kona frames have a weak point and is prone to cracking when force is applied and talked something about strong brakes stressing frames and im worried about it now because i rly wanted to get a set of dh brakes for my process

I run Shimano saints on my alloy 2018 Kona process with 203mm rotors all round and have had no issues over 3 years now.

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
Looking to replace my rockshox megneg with a coil someone is interested?

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 5:33 Quote
Hello,

Are ZS 44/52 headset only one's that work on G2 frame? Looking for -1/-1.5 angle set for my bike, still little confused on these headset markings..Confused

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
Hirta wrote:
Hello,

Are ZS 44/52 headset only one's that work on G2 frame? Looking for -1/-1.5 angle set for my bike, still little confused on these headset markings..Confused

My works components is EC44-ZS56 on my alloy frame 90mm head tube in medium


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009802
Mobile Version of Website