Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 22:44 Quote
Yes man 18 is great but they sad when you go high engagement you can't go back

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 1:58 Quote
proccesrider wrote:
Yes man 18 is great but they sad when you go high engagement you can't go back

For sure and I am good with that. I feel like it is a necessary luxury lol.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
has anyone gone coil rear for the 2021 g3 process 153 models?

i heard that the g3 is a bit more progressive, slack and long compared to g3 and i wonder if i dont need a progressive spring to run coil

im on a pretty tight budget so im looking at the x fusion h3c rcp right now, would like to know if it works well with the process 153 (g3).

also should i upgrade the brakes or the shock?

upgrade from guide T to shimano saints/code r
VS
upgrade from rs deluxe select + to coil (x fusion h3c rcp)

after riding my friend's dh bike i rly want the coil shock, but the other side of me says that i also want that beefy dh brakeset lol

this guy is running coil on the same bike, but idk if it rides well...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tNeTDyGUmM
my wallet is just too thin for all the things i want

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:

i heard that the g3 is a bit more progressive, slack and long compared to g3 and i wonder if i dont need a progressive spring to run coil

Not sure why everyone thinks this is a G3. Its still a G2.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 7:39 Quote
Justachillin2 wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:

different geo(slacker and longer), linkage design (leverage curve changed, rocker link changed, cs length changed)

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:
Justachillin2 wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:

different geo(slacker and longer), linkage design (leverage curve changed, rocker link changed, cs length changed)

But it’s not a G3. Just a small update.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
Just doing some research on possibly getting a Process X DL and wondering what size rear shock it takes if i was to change it to a coil?

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
Just doing some research on possibly getting a Process X DL and wondering what size rear shock it takes if i was to change it to a coil?

205x62.5

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 22:48 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:

VS

I would upgrade brakes first on tight budget. Have you look at marzocchi bomber cr ?

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
Hirta wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:

VS

I would upgrade brakes first on tight budget. Have you look at marzocchi bomber cr ?

205x60 bomber cr isnt imported into my country (south korea)
if i was to buy overseas i have to pay x1.2 (taxes) + a (shipping fees) which makes it go over my budget
the x fusion h3c rcp is in stock rn

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 2:20 Quote
Hey I let all the air out of the rear shock and when you sit on the bike the shock isn't fully compressed
Wondering if that's ok or there is some kind of problem there
there is 2 tokens inside their and you can hear a knock when the shock gets to the point its in the picture

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
proccesrider wrote:
Hey I let all the air out of the rear shock and when you sit on the bike the shock isn't fully compressed
Wondering if that's ok or there is some kind of problem there
there is 2 tokens inside their and you can hear a knock when the shock gets to the point its in the picture

I can tell you that on a normal ride with some jumps, I often find my marker on the 60mm bar, so I guess it should be going full, but since you let the air out, could there be some air still trapped in the negative chamber affecting the travel ?

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
After a ride I find it on the 60mm exactly I guess you right thanks

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
I have a quick question about shock fitment. I have an '18 Process 153 CR/DL. I know stock size is 205X60. Will a 205X62.5 work? I found a good deal on one, but it won't be such a good deal if it doesn't work.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
Askibum02 wrote:
I have a quick question about shock fitment. I have an '18 Process 153 CR/DL. I know stock size is 205X60. Will a 205X62.5 work? I found a good deal on one, but it won't be such a good deal if it doesn't work.

It works just fine. You get a little extra travel out of the deal too. I put a 62.5 X2 on mine with no issues.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008706
Mobile Version of Website