Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
All kona process g2 coil riders !
Can you tell your coil shock setup? And rider weight?
(intersted buying a bomber cr and wonder what spring should I get)
Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
RS super dlx coil with 450 spring at 160lbs. Definitely on the stiff side but prefer it that way. Never bottom and more solid jumping.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
Sure sound stiff thanks!
Who else?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
proccesrider wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:
proccesrider wrote:

if you want the 153 carbon you need the 2020 and if 2021 then its the process X
but for sure the 2020 process or the process x is da shit

aww dont make me feel bad about buying a 2021 process 153

Lol I own the process 153 2018 it got head tube angle of a road bike haha
66 is such a cross country Head angle but it gets the job done perfectly so don't feel bad man

yeah both have their pros and cons
short/steep vs less short less steep
still very similar bikes

O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
Just upgraded the upper link for a cascade components anyone else done this?

Rode today felt quicker / smoother pretty happy

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 22:11 Quote
proccesrider wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:
proccesrider wrote:

if you want the 153 carbon you need the 2020 and if 2021 then its the process X
but for sure the 2020 process or the process x is da shit

66 is such a cross country Head angle but it gets the job done perfectly so don't feel bad man

I just swapped to -1 angleset, bike feels much better. Gonna have 170mm shaft installed in next week! HT angle should then be somewhere near 64.5, cant wait Smile

O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 22:18 Quote
Hirta wrote:
proccesrider wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:

I just swapped to -1 angleset, bike feels much better. Gonna have 170mm shaft installed in next week! HT angle should then be somewhere near 64.5, cant wait Smile

Mines running -1 angleset and 1 offset bushing. So should be at 64.5 as well. Feels good. Running stem low to keep front front washing. Would love to try a lower offset fork.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 22:31 Quote
DanBuchanan wrote:
Hirta wrote:
proccesrider wrote:

Mines running -1 angleset and 1 offset bushing. So should be at 64.5 as well. Feels good. Running stem low to keep front front washing. Would love to try a lower offset fork.

Handlebar will rise 0.5-1cm on 170mm and just swapped OneUp 35mm rise bar. Need to get all spacers top of stem Big Grin

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
2018 Kona Process SE with 160mm Shimano RT30 rotor. I thought I had the correct removal tool but I don't. Does anyone know the correct removal tool for the inner ring?

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
Plecain wrote:
2018 Kona Process SE with 160mm Shimano RT30 rotor. I thought I had the correct removal tool but I don't. Does anyone know the correct removal tool for the inner ring?
its either that one
https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Bracket-Shimano-Hollowtech-External/dp/B00P6EPZN2
or
https://www.amazon.com/-/he/dp/B01LX3E08Z/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2P8BU2T0RK8OJ&dchild=1&keywords=cassette+removal+tool+parktool&qid=1621784500&sprefix=cassete+removel+tool+p%2Caps%2C313&sr=8-8
see the first one can come in many shapes like wrench and a socket

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
Some one here is using a 62.5x205 coil on g2 process?
And what spring will I be needing 94 kg include riding gear riding pretty ruff trails

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
Anyone have trouble with their rear axle? Mine is sinched so tight and I'm afraid of leveraging it harder and stripping it out.

I'm dealing with a bent rim and going to attempt to bend it back before giving up and replacing it completely.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 0:14 Quote
Heat gun or hot water can help expand the threaded hole.

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 15:51 Quote
Hitting Jumps and Berms at the gap

Hello Everyone, This is me on my Kona Process 153 2020 AL on a cascade link. The cascade link for me was the best upgrade I did so far on the bike. It felt very poppy which is the first thing I've noted on my first ride. It was more stable on technical section especially on Rooty terrains and chunkier rock gardens. The bike felt like a botttomless rear shocks, I am running my (sag on the current set up @ 20% front(4tokens) and 20% back(3tokens) rider wt: 70kg) as I really love the feeling of fast and hard suspension. the playfulness of the bike is still there. I would highly recommend to get yourself one. Next upgrade would be a coil shock, eyeing on a progressive springs like Canecreek. Although I am already happy with my current set-up, I would still want to try coilshocks as i've read good feedbacks from them. What do you think?? Hopefully I can help you with your purchase decision on cascade link. https://youtu.be/fKPacf5Wgs4 link to one of my video riding with the link and just check out some other videos as well...

IG: aaron9glenn
yt: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2N2ZzjPdl9RyYAv03IGRbA

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 19:38 Quote
aaronglenn wrote:
Hitting Jumps and Berms at the gap

Hello Everyone, This is me on my Kona Process 153 2020 AL on a cascade link. The cascade link for me was the best upgrade I did so far on the bike. It felt very poppy which is the first thing I've noted on my first ride. It was more stable on technical section especially on Rooty terrains and chunkier rock gardens. The bike felt like a botttomless rear shocks, I am running my (sag on the current set up @ 20% front(4tokens) and 20% back(3tokens) rider wt: 70kg) as I really love the feeling of fast and hard suspension. the playfulness of the bike is still there. I would highly recommend to get yourself one. Next upgrade would be a coil shock, eyeing on a progressive springs like Canecreek. Although I am already happy with my current set-up, I would still want to try coilshocks as i've read good feedbacks from them. What do you think?? Hopefully I can help you with your purchase decision on cascade link. https://youtu.be/fKPacf5Wgs4 link to one of my video riding with the link and just check out some other videos as well...

IG: aaron9glenn
yt: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2N2ZzjPdl9RyYAv03IGRbA

Thanks for sharing. That's my favorite color Process 153. Glad you're liking your Cascade link. I picked one up a few months ago and am very happy with it. I came off a very linear 2018 Cannondale Trigger that I really liked, but felt I wanted a more progressive linkage. The Process 153 delivered the fun and poppy feel, but I was surprised how often I bottomed out the rear. Riding our chairlift hill in Texas (Spider Mountain), I noticed how much more capable the rear felt over rougher sections and when landing. I cleared a doulbe without really trying for the first time. Despite the added weight from the link, I really couldn't feel it in the bike's handling and it felt even more lively boosting off features and jumps. I wish the link was cheaper so that more Process 153 owners could experiment with it. I'm happy I was able to fit it into my budget. I think I really extended the amount of time I'll be happy with my Process 153. Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018114
Mobile Version of Website