Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
Texicans wrote:
aaronglenn wrote:
Hitting Jumps and Berms at the gap

Hello Everyone, This is me on my Kona Process 153 2020 AL on a cascade link. The cascade link for me was the best upgrade I did so far on the bike. It felt very poppy which is the first thing I've noted on my first ride. It was more stable on technical section especially on Rooty terrains and chunkier rock gardens. The bike felt like a botttomless rear shocks, I am running my (sag on the current set up @ 20% front(4tokens) and 20% back(3tokens) rider wt: 70kg) as I really love the feeling of fast and hard suspension. the playfulness of the bike is still there. I would highly recommend to get yourself one. Next upgrade would be a coil shock, eyeing on a progressive springs like Canecreek. Although I am already happy with my current set-up, I would still want to try coilshocks as i've read good feedbacks from them. What do you think?? Hopefully I can help you with your purchase decision on cascade link. https://youtu.be/fKPacf5Wgs4 link to one of my video riding with the link and just check out some other videos as well...

IG: aaron9glenn
yt: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2N2ZzjPdl9RyYAv03IGRbA

Thanks for sharing. That's my favorite color Process 153. Glad you're liking your Cascade link. I picked one up a few months ago and am very happy with it. I came off a very linear 2018 Cannondale Trigger that I really liked, but felt I wanted a more progressive linkage. The Process 153 delivered the fun and poppy feel, but I was surprised how often I bottomed out the rear. Riding our chairlift hill in Texas (Spider Mountain), I noticed how much more capable the rear felt over rougher sections and when landing. I cleared a doulbe without really trying for the first time. Despite the added weight from the link, I really couldn't feel it in the bike's handling and it felt even more lively boosting off features and jumps. I wish the link was cheaper so that more Process 153 owners could experiment with it. I'm happy I was able to fit it into my budget. I think I really extended the amount of time I'll be happy with my Process 153. Cheers!

Exactly!!!!.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
I'd like to make my 2021 process 153 27.5 AL more progressive but still not lose the poppyness/playfulness of the bike, any ideas?
cant run a cascade link because cascade link only supports G2 (2018~2020) process 153s..
is the only option getting a better air shock?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
Anybody knows what the maximum insert of the dropper post I own a kona process 153 cr 2018 large size
Looking to buy a new dropper cause reverb sucks and don't know which one I should get

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 3:51 Quote
proccesrider wrote:
Anybody knows what the maximum insert of the dropper post I own a kona process 153 cr 2018 large size
Looking to buy a new dropper cause reverb sucks and don't know which one I should get

I have the Alluminium large 29 2018. I have a 210 oneup in mine.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
Hey Process 153 Forum, I'm currently building up a used aluminum 2018 153 (XL) and I have a lower shock mounting hardware question. the stock RockShox deluxe has what looks like some sort of integrated hardware as it is not the same inner diameter as my super deluxe ultimate that I will be putting on the bike, plus the frame bolt is in a sleeve so I don't really know whether to trust the 8x30mm spec on the frame. What hardware do I need?

EDIT: It looks like the hardware is not integrated, as there is a small gap between the hardware and shock eyelet on the old shock (I just missed this on initial inspection)(3rd photo), I was very confused as integrated shock hardware isn't really a thing anymore on lower eyelets so this makes more sense, I think I should be good to take both shocks down to the bike shop when I get my bearings and PFBB put in after I get the frame back from being powder coated.

Shock mounting hardware debacle
What is this mount
the finish is so similar I missed the gap... D

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
dmchalcraft wrote:
Hey Process 153 Forum, I'm currently building up a used aluminum 2018 153 (XL) and I have a lower shock mounting hardware question. the stock RockShox deluxe has what looks like some sort of integrated hardware as it is not the same inner diameter as my super deluxe ultimate that I will be putting on the bike, plus the frame bolt is in a sleeve so I don't really know whether to trust the 8x30mm spec on the frame. What hardware do I need?

EDIT: It looks like the hardware is not integrated, as there is a small gap between the hardware and shock eyelet on the old shock (I just missed this on initial inspection)(3rd photo), I was very confused as integrated shock hardware isn't really a thing anymore on lower eyelets so this makes more sense, I think I should be good to take both shocks down to the bike shop when I get my bearings and PFBB put in after I get the frame back from being powder coated.

Shock mounting hardware debacle
What is this mount
n
the finish is so similar I missed the gap... D

Tophats should be removed easy enough. You will need to press the remaining part out. Then it should fit the super deluxe

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
Hey 153 owners!

I'm after a new bike, my LBS has a 153 that fits, but I'm not allowed to demo/do a car park test, so I'm really interested in your opinions on how it rides?

It ticks all the boxes for me apart from not knowing ride feel - it's a 1 bike stable for me so this has to do it all, flow, singletrack, bike parks, rough fast trails, natural steep tech etc. How does it climb too? I like techy climbs that take effort to clean, and obviously most of the time will be spent pedalling up so I want a reasonably efficient platform, but the descent is why I do this sport really. I've read the forum posts about it bottoming out a lot too and people feeling the need to change the link?

My shortlist is the remedy, a status, or a process 153. Basically convince me to get the 153!

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 2:04 Quote
everythingscomingupmilhouse wrote:
Hey 153 owners!

I'm after a new bike, my LBS has a 153 that fits, but I'm not allowed to demo/do a car park test, so I'm really interested in your opinions on how it rides?

It ticks all the boxes for me apart from not knowing ride feel - it's a 1 bike stable for me so this has to do it all, flow, singletrack, bike parks, rough fast trails, natural steep tech etc. How does it climb too? I like techy climbs that take effort to clean, and obviously most of the time will be spent pedalling up so I want a reasonably efficient platform, but the descent is why I do this sport really. I've read the forum posts about it bottoming out a lot too and people feeling the need to change the link?

My shortlist is the remedy, a status, or a process 153. Basically convince me to get the 153!

Thanks in advance!

I'd probably go Process over Remedy having only ridden 2019 Remedy and 2020 process. Unsure what current Remedy is like. Never tried a status. Probably not a good climber (someone may prove me wrong).
But I would really look at what spec you're getting for the price rather that just what frame they're attached to. So compare all the parts. Then decide.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
DanBuchanan wrote:
Hey 153 owners!

Thanks in advance!

I'd probably go Process over Remedy having only ridden 2019 Remedy and 2020 process. Unsure what current Remedy is like. Never tried a status. Probably not a good climber (someone may prove me wrong).
But I would really look at what spec you're getting for the price rather that just what frame they're attached to. So compare all the parts. Then decide.

Thanks for the reply - spec doesn't make much difference with these options as I've got the parts/budget to swap out what I want. That said, the remedy has the best package as stock. I'd be adding the charger 2.1 upgrade and a superdeluxe+ with megneg to the process which while in budget does make it the most pricey. It's more the ride character that I'm swayed by so I'm prepared to do the upgrades if the frame is worth it.

What are your opinions on the trek and kona based on the models of remedy and process you've ridden?

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
DanBuchanan wrote:
Hey 153 owners!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply - spec doesn't make much difference with these options as I've got the parts/budget to swap out what I want. That said, the remedy has the best package as stock. I'd be adding the charger 2.1 upgrade and a superdeluxe+ with megneg to the process which while in budget does make it the most pricey. It's more the ride character that I'm swayed by so I'm prepared to do the upgrades if the frame is worth it.

What are your opinions on the trek and kona based on the models of remedy and process you've ridden?

The remedy was short for its size. 27.5 wheels also. Felt more of a playful bike. Where as my medium kona has the same reach pretty much as the large remedy. 29er. Just feels more capable. Otherwise there's not a whole lot in it (to me)
Is it 2021 models you're looking at? 2021 process is now slacker where as they has pretty similar HTA before.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 20:09 Quote
have ridden both, work for a trek dealer and still bought a process 153. Remedy is a good bike, does everything quite well but isn't particularly exciting, almost too balanced. Process is a bit less balanced, requires a bit more rider input but is more rewarding an fun, loves to manual, slap turns etc. Would recommend the process, is more fun and feels more confident on steep stuff due to longish reach

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
Hey 153 owners!

Thanks in advance!

is it the 2020 process 153 or the 2021 one?
i heard that the 2021 153 29 feels sluggish and not-so-fun as it used to be

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 21:27 Quote
I just got the megneg on my bike and it feels incredible. During a bearing replacement, a rocker link pivot got all mangled up and destroyed the carbon. I’m replacing the rocker link with a Cascade Link. Does anyone have experience running the megneg and cascade link together? I’m curious if it’ll be too soft or if it’ll be that much more amazing. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 1:49 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:
Hey 153 owners!

Thanks in advance!

is it the 2020 process 153 or the 2021 one?
i heard that the 2021 153 29 feels sluggish and not-so-fun as it used to be

It's the 2021, but 27.5. I think I've ruled out the status now, from what people have said about it's pedalling I don't think it'll make a good 1 bike stable. So, picking between the remedy and process now.

Interesting that the 2021 process is a bit more sluggish etc, I was liking the sound of it. It's worth saying the process would be from an online retailer whereas the remedy would be from a trek shop, super close to my house, and a mate works there, plus the remedy has far better suspension as stock (ie charger 2.1 vs motion control). So, as a full package the remedy seems far better but the 153 was sounding more fun, better geo etc. If the 2021 version has lost some of the fun aspect that makes me move towards the remedy. Seems crazy I can't test ride but there you go!

Really appreciate all the opinions!

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 2:53 Quote
Get the Remedy and never ride a Process. Then you'll never be disappointed. Either way if you're looking for a 27.5 bike you're probably fine . Benefits of the Trek shop near home to.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009664
Mobile Version of Website