Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
I absolutely love this chat! I just finished my Process mess about with the numbers build about a month ago and I have had a similar experience, poppy, but super stable and playful in the tight corners despite my build sticking with the full 29er setup vs going up from a 27.5 full to a mullet like you lads.

Though I haven't ridden the bike in the stock configuration I really enjoy how it feels as I have it setup now.

I'm not certain on all the numbers but here is the setup:
- Size XL 2018 Process 153 AL 29 Frame with -1.5 degree Works angleset which should put it at around a 63.5 degree head angle
- Cascade linkage pared with RS Super Deluxe Ultimate at 30% sag
- 170mm ZEB Ultimate 44mm offset
- 200mm PNW Loam post
- GX 10-52 Drivetrain with the stock 175mm Raceface affect cranks and 30 tooth chainring from the previous owner
- 30mm Rise Gen 2 PNW Range handlebar paired with a 40mm Range stem, and I think a 15mm stem spacer under the stem
- Magura MT5s with 203mm rotors front and rear

Overall I like the full 29" setup and with the short rear end I feel like I can pop and corner in a surprisingly nimble way for how slack and long the front end is. I'm tall so I don't have any worries about tire buzz and so the 29" makes sense for me. The PNW loam dropper fits really well in the XL and I had to raise it a bit even so there were no clearance issues at all.

So stoked to see all the awesome and unique builds, I love tinkering with bikes!

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
dmchalcraft wrote:
I absolutely love this chat! I just finished my Process mess about with the numbers build about a month ago and I have had a similar experience, poppy, but super stable and playful in the tight corners despite my build sticking with the full 29er setup vs going up from a 27.5 full to a mullet like you lads.

Though I haven't ridden the bike in the stock configuration I really enjoy how it feels as I have it setup now.

- Size XL 2018 Process 153 AL 29 Frame with -1.5 degree Works angleset which should put it at around a 63.5 degree head angle
- 200mm PNW Loam post
- GX 10-52 Drivetrain with the stock 175mm Raceface affect cranks and 30 tooth chainring from the previous owner
- 30mm Rise Gen 2 PNW Range handlebar paired with a 40mm Range stem, and I think a 15mm stem spacer under the stem

Overall I like the full 29" setup and with the short rear end I feel like I can pop and corner in a surprisingly nimble way for how slack and long the front end is. I'm tall so I don't have any worries about tire buzz and so the 29" makes sense for me. The PNW loam dropper fits really well in the XL and I had to raise it a bit even so there were no clearance issues at all.

So stoked to see all the awesome and unique builds, I love tinkering with bikes!

That's a sweet top tube decal. Did you make that yourself? Love the grey and green colors. Cheers!

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 3:19 Quote
Texicans wrote:

That's a sweet top tube decal. Did you make that yourself? Love the grey and green colors. Cheers!

Yes! A friend and I cut it on his vinyl cutter and it turned out so clean!

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 14:36 Quote
dmchalcraft wrote:

- 200mm PNW Loam post

Gorgeous bike you have there mate .. good for them lads who's tall enough to run 29er front and rear. As for me I'm just ,5'4 do the mullet suits best... ^^

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
Hi guys, I need some help from you!
I own Process G2 153 2020 and I am doing some maintenance right now and I can't get out the chainstay to frame bolt (the one just above bottom bracket) :/ What is the trick? I released a locker bolt and the other bolt both on the non-drive side but I can't release the drive side one. I tried to tap it out with wooden stick from inside of non-drive side and I tried to screw the bolt on non-drive side and also tap it out but no luck. Is there any other trick?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
funkysh wrote:
I own Process G2 153 2020 and I am doing some maintenance right now and I can't get out the chainstay to frame bolt (the one just above bottom bracket) :/ What is the trick? I released a locker bolt and the other bolt both on the non-drive side but I can't release the drive side one. I tried to tap it out with wooden stick from inside of non-drive side and I tried to screw the bolt on non-drive side and also tap it out but no luck. Is there any other trick?

Thanks in advance!

What you said should do the trick. I have a 2018, but that pivot should not be different.
1 - Lockscrew
2 - Unthread main bolt a few turn (non-drive)
3 - Push on the main bolt to get the drive-side out
4 - Finish unscrewing
5 - Remove the drive-side

I do step 3 and 5 just pushing/pulling by hand, could there be corrosion or dirt in there ?

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
okidou wrote:
funkysh wrote:

Thanks in advance!

What you said should do the trick. I have a 2018, but that pivot should not be different.
1 - Lockscrew
2 - Unthread main bolt a few turn (non-drive)
3 - Push on the main bolt to get the drive-side out
4 - Finish unscrewing
5 - Remove the drive-side

I do step 3 and 5 just pushing/pulling by hand, could there be corrosion or dirt in there ?

Thanks! Well.. it felt like its totally stucked there so some corrosion is possible.
Also, I checked this exploded view and I am not sure what is the highlighted part in between two bolts - is it just a cage like in the main pivot?

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
The highlighted part is a spacer that goes between the bearings. It has some cut outs so you can knock the bearing a tad to move it around.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
pineapplepizza wrote:
I'd like to make my 2021 process 153 27.5 AL more progressive but still not lose the poppyness/playfulness of the bike, any ideas?
cant run a cascade link because cascade link only supports G2 (2018~2020) process 153s..
is the only option getting a better air shock?

dude run the magnec you can get it feeling like a coil by running 0 bands in the negative chamber and that just makes a massive difference.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 20:53 Quote
MorningCoffey wrote:
pineapplepizza wrote:
I'd like to make my 2021 process 153 27.5 AL more progressive but still not lose the poppyness/playfulness of the bike, any ideas?
cant run a cascade link because cascade link only supports G2 (2018~2020) process 153s..
is the only option getting a better air shock?

dude run the magnec you can get it feeling like a coil by running 0 bands in the negative chamber and that just makes a massive difference.

This is the way and the truth. Was a huge change for the better.. Im lighter (150lb) and was just having a bad time getting a good shock tune with the inline deluxe, megneg and some tinkering and its perfect. Im running it completely empty I think. There might be one token in the positive chamber... Its great though.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 2:52 Quote
Anyone got any info on running an x2 performance on a 27.5 153?

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 22:36 Quote
dmchalcraft wrote:

- 200mm PNW Loam post

How much lower did you find the offset head set make ur bike? I'm a very similar build but with a super deluxe coil and just wanna lil bit more slackness in the nose but worried about the pedal strikes also where did ya get the 160 frame sticker from???

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 0:09 Quote
MorningCoffey wrote:
dmchalcraft wrote:

- 200mm PNW Loam post

How much lower did you find the offset head set make ur bike? I'm a very similar build but with a super deluxe coil and just wanna lil bit more slackness in the nose but worried about the pedal strikes also where did ya get the 160 frame sticker from???

I'm sure bumping up to the 170 air spring would counter that.?

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
I am looking to upgrade the bb on my 2019 Kona process 153 cr. It currently has a SRAM dub pf92. Does anyone know which if any wheels mfg bb would work or what the shell width is on the process? Or has anyone else upgraded their bb and love it? Open to suggestions and Thank you in advance

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
The answer is in your question, the shell width is 92mm

Correctly its a pf41 bb in 92mm shell width. The wheels mfr etc bb will depend on the cranks you intend to run.
https://www.bikeparts.co.uk/products/wheels-mfg-bb86-92-outboard-abec-3-24-mm-black?currency=GBP&variant=12708182753369&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBgh70PH3F2Df9TRAv4sbMncTPi4AVljNjD-4ouaYyZS7iLeu3S1l9BoC3OMQAvD_BwE
For example will do shimano or gxp with an adapter.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010872
Mobile Version of Website