Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
Hi group, anyone know if there is a difference between the o-rings on the soloair shaft vs debonair? I did the upgrade on my yari and now am wondering if the basic service kit for soloair will still do .... I mean, the outer ones must be the same, but for the inside of the air piston ???

Thanks

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
Hey Fellow Process riders!

I am looking into the megneg upgraded kit for my rear shock. Does anyone have any experience with these on the 153? It would be great to get some feedback on how it changed the ride.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
hhhanson wrote:

I am looking into the megneg upgraded kit for my rear shock. Does anyone have any experience with these on the 153? It would be great to get some feedback on how it changed the ride.

Thanks!

The Megneg is worth the price. They rear immediately felt like it had more support and it didn't pack up on chunky sections. It did take me about 5 rides to get it dialed as you have to play around with tokens and the negative air spring bands. It is worth it though. I now run the megneg and the cascade link and the bike just floats over everything.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
Parkershark wrote:
hhhanson wrote:

Thanks!

The Megneg is worth the price. They rear immediately felt like it had more support and it didn't pack up on chunky sections. It did take me about 5 rides to get it dialed as you have to play around with tokens and the negative air spring bands. It is worth it though. I now run the megneg and the cascade link and the bike just floats over everything.

Waiting for my megneg to arrive in a few days... can't wait for the beginning of the season. Can I have an idea on your weight, number of tokens, bands and pressure you use?

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
okidou wrote:
Parkershark wrote:
hhhanson wrote:

Thanks!

Waiting for my megneg to arrive in a few days... can't wait for the beginning of the season. Can I have an idea on your weight, number of tokens, bands and pressure you use?

You'll enjoy it. I'm a bit above average on the size chart. 6'3 235lbs. I run one token and two bands. With my size and the added air volume, my shock is sitting around 300 psi at 30% sag.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
I'm 155 with my kit on.
I used to have 3.5 tokens in my rear shock + MegNeg (with 0 bands), running at 30% sag (forget the PSI).
In my experience, 3.5 tokens + MegNeg are required to make to rear shock progressive enough while keeping some small bump compliance.

My experience was on the 2019 Process 153 CR/DL 27.5

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Thanks guys Wink

I'm more toward 150 too, so it will be a good starting point !

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
Funny, I only have 2 slim tokens in my shock (deluxe), I ran with only one last season and around 140psi. I think I'll put the two back to start and play with the bands.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
I ran 2 Token With 155lbs and the megneg. Sag 32% .Travel is Full used but Never fehlt it bottoming out. There are a someone Bands in the megneg chamber too. Forgot About How Many. About 50% of available Space.

For This Season I changed the Travel of the Shock to 62,5 mm While doing the First Full Service. Bike should habe around 160 mm Travel Now.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 20:30 Quote
Looking for the best angleset for my 2019 153 29.

I'm headset illiterate. Can someone educate me? I see letter number combos like ZS44/ZS62 or ZS44/ZS56 and a headtube length measurement.

What are the different combos of letters and numbers indicating and what is the headtube length of the G2 P153 29?

What angleset would you guys recommend and if you have used one, would recommend a 1 or 1.5 degrees? Thanks.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
Parkershark wrote:

I'm headset illiterate. Can someone educate me? I see letter number combos like ZS44/ZS62 or ZS44/ZS56 and a headtube length measurement.

What are the different combos of letters and numbers indicating and what is the headtube length of the G2 P153 29?

What angleset would you guys recommend and if you have used one, would recommend a 1 or 1.5 degrees? Thanks.

Hey my AL DL 29 2020 took a EC44-ZS56
I went with 1 degree and I also had 1 offset bushing. Gave 64.5 degrees. Just check your headtube length on the geo chart.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
Parkershark wrote:

I was very happy with -1 degree when I had my 2019 Process 153. Note that when I made the angleset change, I also increased the travel of the fork to 170mm.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
I am Running a Workshop components -1 der Headset .Their homepage will Guide Welle through The Selektion for your Frame. Combined With a 170 mm Fox 36 my bike should be at 64,7 deg.
I Skipped the offsetbushing as it lowers the BB and I enjoy less Pedal ground strokes on my process compared to my Spindrift With lower effectiv bb.

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 1:38 Quote
I'm also using the Works Components- 1 headset, on my 2019 process, it's a real improvement for me.
And I've just gone to 165 cranks to help avoid pedal strikes, so offset bushings wouldn't be great IMHO

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 11:42 Quote
DanBuchanan wrote:
Parkershark wrote:

Hey my AL DL 29 2020 took a EC44-ZS56
I went with 1 degree and I also had 1 offset bushing. Gave 64.5 degrees. Just check your headtube length on the geo chart.

Hey are you able to confirm this was the one that fit your 2020 model?

1.0 Degree EC44-ZS56 Angle Headset - To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube - Headtube Length:Set 2 100-109mm x1

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006702
Mobile Version of Website