Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
okidou wrote:
buddymtb wrote:
Here is a four month update on my 2019 Kona Process 153 CR. After riding this bike 3 times a week for four months (about 50 rides), I have concluded that this is the most underhyped and underrated all mountain enduro bike on the market. I have left everything on the bike stock except the grips and the tires and it is the best overall performing MTB I have ever ridden. It really is the first bike I have ever ridden that I don't have any negatives to talk about.

I have ridden a lot of great enduro bikes and have been involved in cycling for over 30 years as I used to race professionally for a domestic team, and I would have gladly traded my team bikes for this one. This bike was really such a pleasant surprise and I got a killer deal on it from a shop that used to sponsor me.

The bike is a great climber and descender right out of the box, but you can also use it as a enduro race bike and a bike park bike. Nothing but good things to say about it. I went with the carbon frame as it is very responsive when you stand up and stomp the pedals and it is one of the best cornering bikes I have ever ridden. It has such a great feel and you can ride it right on the edge at speed and feel really in control on it.

Can't say enough good things about this bike, think I have found a real keeper.

27,5 or 29? What type of tires did you put? I had big expectations on the minions, and been disapointed.

27.5 tires and I put Minnion DH2 3c max terra EXO tires on it with a 2.5 DHF front and a 2.4 DHR back. I really like this tire combination. I found these performed much better than than the minions that came from the factory..

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
buddymtb wrote:
okidou wrote:
buddymtb wrote:
Here is a four month update on my 2019 Kona Process 153 CR. After riding this bike 3 times a week for four months (about 50 rides), I have concluded that this is the most underhyped and underrated all mountain enduro bike on the market. I have left everything on the bike stock except the grips and the tires and it is the best overall performing MTB I have ever ridden. It really is the first bike I have ever ridden that I don't have any negatives to talk about.

I have ridden a lot of great enduro bikes and have been involved in cycling for over 30 years as I used to race professionally for a domestic team, and I would have gladly traded my team bikes for this one. This bike was really such a pleasant surprise and I got a killer deal on it from a shop that used to sponsor me.

The bike is a great climber and descender right out of the box, but you can also use it as a enduro race bike and a bike park bike. Nothing but good things to say about it. I went with the carbon frame as it is very responsive when you stand up and stomp the pedals and it is one of the best cornering bikes I have ever ridden. It has such a great feel and you can ride it right on the edge at speed and feel really in control on it.

Can't say enough good things about this bike, think I have found a real keeper.

27,5 or 29? What type of tires did you put? I had big expectations on the minions, and been disapointed.

27.5 tires and I put Minnion DH2 3c max terra EXO tires on it with a 2.5 DHF front and a 2.4 DHR back. I really like this tire combination. I found these performed much better than than the minions that came from the factory..

Nice, thanks for the info !

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
Here is a cool video of a Process 153.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Had a fun day out and had to share this. Been on the 153 for about 6 months now. It’s just unreal. I came from an older Honzo and the process 111. Easy to adapt to the fit of the 153. It’s fantastic.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Had a fun day out and had to share this. Been on the 153 for about 6 months now. It’s just unreal. I came from an older Honzo and the process 111. Easy to adapt to the fit of the 153. It’s fantastic.

How you like that float x2 on there?

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
It’s lovely. Still messing with the setting but it just right for me.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 19:48 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
It’s lovely. Still messing with the setting but it just right for me.

How’s the climb switch on it? Does it feel stiffer than the RS?

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
No, the Rockshox was a true “climb” switch. The fox is a compression reducer in my mind. It works but not the same as RockShox. That said, I rarely use the lockout feature but do firm up the compression depending on the trail.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Cool pic and nice bike. Having the same experience on my 153 as well. Most underrated bike ever.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

How do you like the X2? I have the deluxe rct, but I’m thinking of the upgrade.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
harperrider wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

How do you like the X2? I have the deluxe rct, but I’m thinking of the upgrade.

See above comments... love it

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
Anyone done any enduro races on the 27.5 version?

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
So I got a new Float x2 trunnion, right size, now do you guys just used the same hardware from the deluxe to mount it?

also, I noticed while changing the shock that the bearings are rough so im gonna get new ones, is this the only place where I should change bearings ? while im at it

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
When I tore down my process after about a year of riding the trunnion bearings were the most notchy. I just cleaned them, topped with grease and spin them a bunch, the freed up pretty well. The 2 sets of seat stay bushings were also pretty notchy but cleaning greasing and spinning got them back to normal.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
So I got a new Float x2 trunnion, right size, now do you guys just used the same hardware from the deluxe to mount it?

also, I noticed while changing the shock that the bearings are rough so im gonna get new ones, is this the only place where I should change bearings ? while im at it

Mine came with the correct hardware oddly enough. The eyelets from RockShox to Fox should be similar... should be.

If you are changing bearings, you might as well change them all. Do get a bearing removal tool though. Tight tolerances making for difficult removal and installation. Plus if you have a carbon rocker, go slow! Those things are spendy!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014278
Mobile Version of Website