Help understanding managing sensitive trails

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Help understanding managing sensitive trails
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 2:39 Quote
hi,

I'm admin for a an area which has some trails that are unadopted, unsanctioned and or sensitive. Historically all trails in this area were unsanctioned but tolerated. In the last year or so advocacy work has resulted some trails and some splits from those being official. they are even signposted on the ground with agreed return routes back to trail heads.
there are unsanctioned trails/splits and a few sensitve ones, the unadopted/unsanctioned are still ridden.either because the're good or because they're as yet unadopted splits and the wrong split can be done by accident in some areas.. which invalidates the ridelog!. however.. right now almost every ridelog for the area is hidden due to the mix of unsanctioned stuff. ( 90%+ !)

my goal is

1) only show the offical trails / not publicise unofficial ones. so people on the ground with a phone can navigate around between the trails along the agreed routes. (this is done) this helps politically and stops visitors bagging anything but the official trails, and maybe the odd trail or unadopted split they stumble upon.

2) allow ridelogs which use the unadopted trails but to not list or allow them to be found or identified in any way by name ./ the app apart from studying the map. (apart from looking at strava obvs!)

3) easy answer is to delete all the unadopted trails and back up gpx's, but really i'd like to have them be recorded, but stop them being readded.. and not have them flag as sensitive against ride logs.

i'm in the process of backing everything up to gpxs as i can't see from the ridelog guide or forum posts a way around this.

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
On a trail you can select "Disable sensitive check". This will disable the ridelog sensitive flagging for this trail.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 1:08 Quote
canadaka wrote:
On a trail you can select "Disable sensitive check". This will disable the ridelog sensitive flagging for this trail.

doh! thanks! hopefully this helps future googlers!

so i'll make them all hidden, private but disable the check!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007050
Mobile Version of Website