Monarch+ Debonair Rc3 Need Help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Monarch+ Debonair Rc3 Need Help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Hello Ive recently bought a used Giant Reign 1 2015 from the buy/sell section here. When I test rode the bike at a parking lot the rear shock seemed fine. No weird noises or anything. It was setup for the previous owner so it was really stiff. I weigh 150 and the guy looked about 200lbs or so. I checked the rear shock at the parking lot and everything works fine. Fast forward to a first ride and all I did was to lower the PSI inside the shock so I can get the 35% sag that was my target. Took it for a quick xc ride and the shock feels fine. Fast forward to me staring at my bike in my garage and I start squishing around the suspension for fun and it makes some weird noises under compression and rebound. Nothing is wrong function wise on the shock. Compression lever works, rebound works other than the weird sounds.
Any help would be appreciated!

Heres a video of the shock
https://youtu.be/gbgVH-OMrpU

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 23:42 Quote
Hey, a little late to this party Beer I'd say from the sound of it you need to order a seal kit and replace those seals. My guess is that the bike did not get serviced much during it's life before you. Sounds like a really dry air spring to me. It's normal for some shocks to have a whooshing associated with damper noise, but yours sounds different. Fortunately doing the seals is really easy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007527
Mobile Version of Website