Ridin in wales

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Ridin in wales
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 2:21 Quote
sorry for diggin up such an old thread but i think it has to be done...

ive recently got back into cycling (august last year) after a few years out, and am looking for someone/ a group to ride with. all the boys i used to ride with have lost interest/sold their bikes etc. and its getting pretty boring going out on my own all the time. i live in Maesteg, just over the hill from Afan, if anybody is interested message me or reply in this thread

Posted: Oct 13, 2011 at 3:55 Quote
Any one now of some dirt jumps near llantwit major
Thanks Smile

FL
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 at 5:21 Quote
FastMax222 wrote:
Theres a downhill track in cowbridge Mint place

Where abouts is it? I'm live in Cowbridge and would love to find it...

FL
Posted: Apr 11, 2012 at 7:51 Quote
Anyone know of this track in Cowbridge?

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 8:29 Quote
anyone at llandegla monday?

Posted: Jul 4, 2013 at 14:02 Quote
any1 up llantrisant Saturday/sunday ?

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 10:44 Quote
Hi, i work for leisure lakes bikes in manchester and i'm being sent down to newport in wales for a few months to work at our new store down there for a bit. I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any good riding? i know i have countless trails and trail centers around but is there anything good for my DJ bike?

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
There used to be a great dirt jump place in caerphilly. Will ask around if there still there. Think there cslled jasons trails.
Also if you can find the maencllwyd pub in rudry lanes accross the road in the upper car park. If you follow the track up 100 meters there is a few jumps up there.

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 12:23 Quote
The Caerphilly trails that you're thinking of got shut down years ago but Jason rebuilt a whole new spot about a year ago with like 4 or 5 lines that go up in difficulty. He's also building a new skatepark with a jump box skatepark that opens in about a month although the bowl and jump boxes etc are open now.

There's also moos trails in Swansea, check my profile for photos/videos, type in Caerphilly trails and rampworld on facebook for the other spots.

Posted: Jan 10, 2014 at 22:06 Quote
Van road, can't fault, or ride the bigger stuff at the top of the hill myself Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 13:48 Quote
I'm moving the Wales in May for a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of where to ride? I'd be very content with dj, dh, or xc. Also, I am not bringing my bikes out due to cost of shipping and my living arrangements is there anywhere to rent bikes? I can't imagine a summer without bikes!

Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 23:25 Quote
Where too in wales mate? Gethin woods rent bikes out for the day. Im making arrangements to go there soon one i have my bike rebuilt.

Posted: Feb 9, 2014 at 1:26 Quote
afan, can rent from skyline bikes
cwmcarn rent from pscycles
coed-y-brenin, rent from biecs betws
bike park wales(gethin), as above on site rental available

Posted: Feb 9, 2014 at 11:05 Quote
sam-davies wrote:
The Caerphilly trails that you're thinking of got shut down years ago but Jason rebuilt a whole new spot about a year ago with like 4 or 5 lines that go up in difficulty. He's also building a new skatepark with a jump box skatepark that opens in about a month although the bowl and jump boxes etc are open now.

There's also moos trails in Swansea, check my profile for photos/videos, type in Caerphilly trails and rampworld on facebook for the other spots.

ah sweet. i'm up in wales now and been riding my trail bike rather than p.3, wheres this skatepark

Posted: Feb 9, 2014 at 17:04 Quote
FlethcherL wrote:
sam-davies wrote:

ah sweet. i'm up in wales now and been riding my trail bike rather than p.3, wheres this skatepark

Llanishen

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.057151
Mobile Version of Website