Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Compressor Question

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Compressor Question
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
I was going to invest in a tubeless floor pump with a chamber, but I figured I could pick up a used compressor for cheaper and might actually work better for getting tires to seat. I've used a few tubeless pumps and they have always been hit or miss. Does anybody have any recommendations for a solid compressor? Also, minimum horsepower needed to seat a tire? Looking to spend under $100 for something new and potentially around $50 for a used one.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
Why can’t you seat your tires with a normal floor pump? You should not have any issue using a standard floor pump to seat tires. You just typically need to get to 40-50 psi and they should pop into place.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
I have a Black and Decker tankless compressor that is about the size of two six packs of beer and its awesome.

Works great for tubless set up and small enough to easily store.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
I've got a Craftsman 6-gallon pancake compressor, max pressure of 150 psi. SCFM air delivery @ 90 psi is 2.6 cfm, 0.8 HP.. Seats new tires in seconds. It's also handy for other things too. I paid $129.00 plus tax. It's over your price range but it was definitely worth it for me. YMMV.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
What is everyone using for a Presta chuck?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
JumpingInFire wrote:
What is everyone using for a Presta chuck?

Just pick up a 30 cent presta to schrader adapter from any bike shop.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011384
Mobile Version of Website