Looking for a vintage 29er fork...

PB Forum :: 29ers
Looking for a vintage 29er fork...
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
I run an old XC32 coil rockshox with a blue coil spring and wanted an upgrade to a 120mm for my old Gary

Problem is, its a 9MM QR Axel and my head tube isn't tapered, so that pretty much eliminates anything modern... though I'd love a Fox 34, Suntour AION or even a Rockshox Recon SL

what should I look for maybe on the used market that can give me 120mm in a QR and a straight headtube?

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
r3cc0s wrote:
I run an old XC32 coil rockshox with a blue coil spring and wanted an upgrade to a 120mm for my old Gary

Problem is, its a 9MM QR Axel and my head tube isn't tapered, so that pretty much eliminates anything modern... though I'd love a Fox 34, Suntour AION or even a Rockshox Recon SL

what should I look for maybe on the used market that can give me 120mm in a QR and a straight headtube?
With an external lower headset cup you can use a tapered steerer. Manitou is worth considering...

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
^^ That’s not always true. *Sometimes* you can use an external cup to run tapered.

Check out MRP

Some of the best suspension in the business, and they can produce a modern fork in any configuration you want. I run a Loop SL on my straight 1&1/8 bike.

I would highly recommend ditching 9mm qr and just getting a new front wheel to go to 15mm, though.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008683
Mobile Version of Website