Freehubs compatible w/ NS Bikes single speed rotary?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Freehubs compatible w/ NS Bikes single speed rotary?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
Working on my new DJ build and I've hit a snag. I picked up the NS Fundamentals wheelset:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/ns-bikes-fundamental-rear-mtb-wheel-singlespeed-2016/rp-prod148634

My plan was to swap out the 10T for a 16T, but it's a single speed driver and I need an entirely new freehub. Here's the one it came with:

https://shop.nsbikes.com/shop/spare-parts/prod/ns-driver-single

I can buy an XD compatible driver (for $60!) from a local place, but I can't find anywhere to buy an HG freehub that is specifically listed for NS Bikes rotary hubs.... There are a couple drivers out there (Crank Bros specifically) that are cheaper than the XD driver I found and look nearly identical to the 10T SS driver I pulled off.

I have a set of 36T Zee Cranks w/ BB I was hoping to pair with a 16T cog out back, but at this point I'm feeling like I should just bring them back and go for a traditional BMX crankset up front. Is this the move, or are there some HG freehubs out there that I'm missing?

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
Have you found a fix for this yet? I have the same hub and Iam wanting to put a bigger gear in mine (more teeth) Any help would be cool.

Thanks

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
I did not. Tried to get an answer from NS bikes but they just passed the buck to some random US distributor... The email they gave me to try was bad, and I never got a response from NS when I followed up.

I really didn't want to run BMX cranks so I ended up bringing the Zee crankset back and am going to run a Raceface cinch that can take a 24T up front.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
AwesomeColors wrote:
Working on my new DJ build and I've hit a snag. I picked up the NS Fundamentals wheelset:
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/ns-bikes-fundamental-rear-mtb-wheel-singlespeed-2016/rp-prod148634

My plan was to swap out the 10T for a 16T, but it's a single speed driver and I need an entirely new freehub. Here's the one it came with:

https://shop.nsbikes.com/shop/spare-parts/prod/ns-driver-single

I can buy an XD compatible driver (for $60!) from a local place, but I can't find anywhere to buy an HG freehub that is specifically listed for NS Bikes rotary hubs.... There are a couple drivers out there (Crank Bros specifically) that are cheaper than the XD driver I found and look nearly identical to the 10T SS driver I pulled off.

I have a set of 36T Zee Cranks w/ BB I was hoping to pair with a 16T cog out back, but at this point I'm feeling like I should just bring them back and go for a traditional BMX crankset up front. Is this the move, or are there some HG freehubs out there that I'm missing?

You wont get a 16T driver - the only 16T you'll find will be for single speed hub (freewheel)

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
Update, I went ahead and ordered a HALO rear hub and 13tooth. So I will have a NS single speed hub up for sale if anyone is looking. Cool

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
[Quote="B-Rizzle"]Update, I went ahead and ordered a HALO rear hub and 13tooth. So I will have a NS single speed hub up for sale if anyone is looking. Cool [/Quo

Heavy unit- but sturdy

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
If you weren't half a planet away I am totally in the market for a decent ss single-digit tooth. I run 34-12 ATM and I w ant a ridiculous ratio for my DJ-turned-grocery grabber.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Figured I’d chime in with an update as well. Kept the NS bikes rear hub w/ 10T, and running a RF Aefect Cinch 24T up front. Linked together w/ a KMC 1/8” single speed chain. Definitely a little grindy compared to using all MTB parts, but it’ll get the job done for now. At some point I’ll pick up a different rear hub and use the opportunity to try my hand at wheel building.

Whole thing was the most frustrating part of this build. Still pretty grumpy about it even though I got a sick discount on the wheel set.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
AwesomeColors wrote:
Figured I’d chime in with an update as well. Kept the NS bikes rear hub w/ 10T, and running a RF Aefect Cinch 24T up front. Linked together w/ a KMC 1/8” single speed chain. Definitely a little grindy compared to using all MTB parts, but it’ll get the job done for now. At some point I’ll pick up a different rear hub and use the opportunity to try my hand at wheel building.

Whole thing was the most frustrating part of this build. Still pretty grumpy about it even though I got a sick discount on the wheel set.

"Definitely a little grindy compared to using all MTB parts, but it’ll get the job done for now."

?? Compared to using all MTB parts?....?? Huh

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010764
Mobile Version of Website