Instinct BC or Altitude -Sizing?

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
Instinct BC or Altitude -Sizing?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
I’m trying to decide between a Instinct BC or an Altitude. It partly comes down to if I want 29 or 27.5. However, I am 6’ tall and find I’m having difficulty deciding between large and extra large. I was previously on a 2016 Thunderbolt 799 MSL size large, and it felt too small for me. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:58 Quote
I am 6’ tall and was on a 2017 XL Thunderbolt and now been riding a C70 and B.C. Edition Instinct and love the feel.
I tried the XL instincts and it just felt too big for me now I’m use to the large.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
I'm 6'0 and ride a large Altitude. No complaints.

While I probably could ride an XL, it kind of defeats the purpose of the bike. The Altitude was meant to be a (relatively) light weight, fun, poppy all mountain machine. Have you demoed either?

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
From a slightly taller guy (between 6'2" and 6'3"), I ride an XL Instinct and it fits (and it's a great bike), but it's the absolute smallest I would want my bike. Next time around I'll be looking for something a little bit longer.

Another thing to consider is which Ride-9 setting you plan to use. The reach changes by ~11mm between the steepest and slackest settings, so there's really only 1/2 a size difference between the L in the steep setting vs the XL in the slackest. RM's sizing has definitely changed since the 2016 models though, so taking one for a demo would be the way to go if you can.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009204
Mobile Version of Website