Resort Type Hotels for the Attachment(s)

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Resort Type Hotels for the Attachment(s)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 4:48 Quote
Hey,

Looking for resort type hotels with pool, spa, daycare someone that runs around and asks for Margarita all the time etc., where my s/o can be entertained all day long without even recognizing that I’m gone. You know... like the TV ads for 1-800-flipflops in the caribbeans, just without boring beach, the heat, the humidity and mountains instead.

Any thoughts? Not sure if I need Whistler taped in or jumplines, I rather do nature trails (shuttle or fire roads up).

Any thoughts on where I start looking? Never been out there. The furthest North in the Pacific Northwest was Oakridge, OR and I loved it. Would’t feel good about “parking” my girls in that town for even a day though. Big Grin

Any thoughts appreciated.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for but I would check out Silverstar. (Vernon, BC)
http://www.skisilverstar.com/summer/activities-events/mountain/downhill-biking
Short lift lines and chill vibes even on the weekends.
They have a great lift access bike park and some awesome XC riding.

I am not familiar with their accommodations, but the village is cool.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
Whistler might be the only place that has true resort style accommodations like that in the summer, at least all in one place and worth making the cross country travel for. Especially now that the USD is strong against the CAD.

Sunriver, OR (Bend, OR) is a resort community close to Mt. Bachelor, and is WAY more upscale than Oakridge. Your s/o and kids can definitely get their spa and drink on (maybe not cabana boy checking on your drink level though) there but it's still very family friendly. It has a ton of paved bike paths, kids activities, golfing, fishing, eating, and some shopping. Plus you have the town of Bend and Smith Rock there to mix it up if they want some different day trips. I have spent probably about 2 months there over the years in the summer and winter since my uncle use to own a place there.

Northstar at Tahoe has some of that + the surrounding Tahoe has plenty for a S/O to enjoy, but idk if I'd travel across the country for that just based on the quality of the riding.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
Yeah Whistler's a great place for this, there's more people visiting for all the other stuff (sight seeing shopping spa golf hiking events food etc) than mountain bikers most of the time. And for the trails, most are actually rocky rooty tech despite what all the videos show which is all the jumps, not sure what you mean by 'taped in' but there's lots of trails outside of the park if you want to pedal, not much for shuttling though. Staying at the Fairmont or westin would tick all the boxes, there's lots of cool kids camps+programs around too (including wicked bike camps).

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008077
Mobile Version of Website