Primer Brake Upgrade

PB Forum :: Intense
Primer Brake Upgrade
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Hey,

I am thinking about upgrading my Primer's brakes. I am a bigger guy (~220lbs with my riding kit) and I am finding my 2-pot Shimano M500 brakes a bit lacking. I was thinking about snagging a pair of XT 8020 4-pot brakes, but I figured I would ask if anyone has a brake they love. So, any brake recommendations?

I was thinking about a set of Hope Tech for awhile (they're so pretty!), but heard they can be a bit finicky and some small shops won't be able to work on them or get parts. Any thoughts on Hopes?

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
Hi Moses3
I'm riding a 2020 Primer expert build with the same shimano brakes your currently running. I felt that they were lacking when I first got the bike. But after burning in the pads. They work pretty well in my opinion. I weight about 200lbs.They work great in the trails. If your bombing downhills and can't pedal fast enough to meet you fastest gear's speed, then yes. They lack a bit. However, I do run Hope Tech V4 on my Intense M9 and they are crazy powerful. There easy to work on. I've never had any issues with them. There just like working on motorcycle brakes. Like high end Brembos. Not fancy special tools needed to service them. And I would run Hope Tech brakes on all my bikes if I could afford too.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
I have the Magura MTs and absolutely love them. Approaching 200lbs with gear and fast or slow, start or end of the day never have to worry about stopping power. Sorry never tried the hopes so can't comment to those.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004931
Mobile Version of Website