Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Knee pads? Raceface or fox

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Knee pads? Raceface or fox
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 18:16 Quote
Looking at fox enduro or raceface indy for all mountain riding when hitting the bigger rockier trails.

Any recommendations? I'll eventually get matching elbow pads.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
I'd recommend 7idp sam hill pads. They have lots of coverage pedal really well and stay in place all day even thru rough stuff

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
I use the Raceface Indy elbow pads and won't really recommend them. My arms get torn up and cut to oblivion WITH the pads on. Can send pics of my right arm if you'd like.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
RF Ambush (knee) and Flank (knee/shin) are both really good. The Indy elbow I don't have direct experience with although you see quite a few complaints about them.

Pros for the RF knee are that you can put them on/off without removing your shoes and the terry cloth liner is really comfortable although a bit warm.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
Not sure I'd go with Indy's for rockier trails?
bit on the thin side, I consider them more for lightweight duties.
Personally I'm a big fan of the Leatt 3DF 5.0's and their airflex Pro 5.0's when you want a slightly lighter padset..

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
I used Race Face Flanks for about a year and a half, up until they failed to do their job because they moved while I was pedalling. My bare knee got seriously hit by the handlebar during an off with the knee pad that had moved to the inside. Yes, they were tied on snugly.

I just changed to Fox Enduro knee pads and they stay in place for pedally days. No velcro, no adjustment. They are comfortable, lighter, breathe better, and just do the job well. They are for lighter duty though. I suggest you try them on before buying.

I kept the flanks for the shuttle days/rougher stuff though. They work well if you don't have to pedal.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
I've got some race face ambush knee pads.

One significant crash 15mph knee straight into a rock with most of my body weight behind it.

No pad and it would have been limping home very sorry for my self. With the ambush pad it didn't even hurt!

Other minor crashes have also been fine.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
The Racy Face Indy pads are junk. The bottom of the D30 rubs on the shin when pedaling causing irritation and eventually open wound/bleeding after just a day of riding. The elbow pads dont stay in place. Fox Enduro pads are comfortable, stay in place and provide lightweight protection.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009055
Mobile Version of Website