Advice installing dropper on aluminum Cannondale Scalpel Si5

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Advice installing dropper on aluminum Cannondale Scalpel Si5
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
Please help! Just bought a 2018 Cannondale Scalpel Si 5 (the aluminum model) and then bought a Thomson Covert Elite Dropper, internal cabling. Bought the covert as Cannondale’s site indicates bike is ready for a “stealth dropper” cabling. Brought bike to my local bike shop for install and they said the aluminum Scalpel has “internal cabling up to the seat post tube only... but no way to access the cable into the seatpost tube internally... as such it isnt really set up for an internal dropper.” Said I’d need to get and external dropper. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if this bike needs an internal or external dropper post? Love your intel and advice. Thanks! Dave

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
If you want an external post, don't buy the brand-x or any look alikes as they have a cord that actuates them and that breaks after moderate use. Get a fox transfer external, I've had mind for a long time and they're much more reliable and user friendly

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 21:17 Quote
https://vimeopro.com/cannondaletechclinics/tech-clinics/video/198998338

Would something like that work? Looms like carbon in the video but I doubt that matters.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008207
Mobile Version of Website