Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Single speed dh

PB Forum :: Downhill
Single speed dh
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
Got a 2018 banshee darkside and keep snapping my cable at the derailleur, it's been 2 zee derailleur I go through and after 3 to 5 days at the park the cable always brake so I'm tempted to go single speed, or any idea why it keeps happening to me? what do I need for conversion? Tensioner, single speed hub and that's it? Any helps will be appreciated

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 19:27 Quote
You can use your old derailleur as a tensioner. Singlespeed sprocket and spacer kit and use your existing hub.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
I’ve had the same issues with Zees....twice.. don’t know what it is about them. Once I switched over the full GX 7speed DH it’s never happened again.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
yzedf wrote:
You can use your old derailleur as a tensioner. Singlespeed sprocket and spacer kit and use your existing hub.
This. Basically free to try out and if you want to get fancy you can always get a single speed hub down the road.
Derailleurs have better clutches than most single speed tensioners as well.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
Anybody know of chain guides which have spring loaded pulley wheels? Thats what i'm trying to find for my DH bike, or I may have to modify one myself. I reckon it'll end up looking cleaner than your average rear mounted tensioner. Like this image I found:

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
Just discovered that Shimano make one, the prototype had a spring but the production one doesnt appear to; perhaps I can modify it to suit my needs...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008742
Mobile Version of Website