Shimano zee brakes for my enduro?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Shimano zee brakes for my enduro?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
Hi, I recently bought a 2017 Specialized enduro elite that came with sram guide r’s, and I’m not enjoying them at all, I don’t like how they don’t bite straight away and feels like I’ve got to squeeze really hard to get any strong braking and even then it doesn’t feel great, I took my bike to the shop and got new pads and had them bled, but just the same. I’ve always ridden d.h so had both saints and zee’s on previous d.h bikes and loved how they felt, as I’m now living in an area with uphill peddles to get to the down sections and also some all mountain trails, I decided to go with an enduro bike instead of d.h. Would shimano zee’s be to much for a enduro/all mountain bike? Or does any one have any recommendations on what to switch to for sharp braking?

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:54 Quote
olieste wrote:
Hi, I recently bought a 2017 Specialized enduro elite that came with sram guide r’s, and I’m not enjoying them at all, I don’t like how they don’t bite straight away and feels like I’ve got to squeeze really hard to get any strong braking and even then it doesn’t feel great, I took my bike to the shop and got new pads and had them bled, but just the same. I’ve always ridden d.h so had both saints and zee’s on previous d.h bikes and loved how they felt, as I’m now living in an area with uphill peddles to get to the down sections and also some all mountain trails, I decided to go with an enduro bike instead of d.h. Would shimano zee’s be to much for a enduro/all mountain bike? Or does any one have any recommendations on what to switch to for sharp braking?

Cheers!

I run Saint's on my enduro bike, Zee's are basically the same just different lever. There's nothing better than strong brakes that actually work. You will end up using brakes less as you know they work everytime you pull the lever.
While youre at it get rotors aswell, the shimano rotors are heaps better and quieter,

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
Mattyp1212 wrote:
olieste wrote:

Cheers!

I run Saint's on my enduro bike, Zee's are basically the same just different lever. There's nothing better than strong brakes that actually work. You will end up using brakes less as you know they work everytime you pull the lever.
While youre at it get rotors aswell, the shimano rotors are heaps better and quieter,

Sweet! That’s what I was hoping, thanks!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
They might be more power than you actually need, but you will always have reliable brakes and can tap into the power if you ever need to for whatever reason. I don't run Shimano brakes, but I run Hope V4s on both my enduro and trail bike, overkill yes, but I like the consistency.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
I run Zees on my Murmur.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
olieste wrote:

Cheers!

You wrote - "I’ve always ridden d.h so had both saints and zee’s on previous d.h bikes and loved how they felt"
Just stick with that, doesn't matter if DH or Enduro bike....

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
I run Zee's on my hardtail, love them. Think I'll be swapping out my Codes on the full squish for a set of Zee's too, or maybe the new XTRs if I feel like spoiling myself.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
Dh brakes are best for sure, I have codes on my bike and wouldn't want a trail bike brake set.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
Ok sweet, cheers for the help!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008250
Mobile Version of Website