Best do it all bikes?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best do it all bikes?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
What are yalls opinions on the best do it all bikes for 4K or less?
Do it all meaning, can climb/jump/bike park/drop offs etc.
If you could only have ONE bike

* if someone has already made a thread for this recently, please let me know *

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
Scott Ransom 920 - it can do it all!

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Depends where you ride, but I would look at a YT Jeffsy or Fezzari La Sal Peak for that price, or maybe Intense Primer

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
I got a Trek Fuel EX8 based on roughly that description. Several people told me, if they could only have one bike, that was the one suggested.

Unbeknownst to me as I was buying mine, one of the guys I ride with, who works at a bike shop and is an avid and experienced rider, bought one as well, literally the same bike.

I have not been disappointed thus far. I would not call myself a skilled rider just yet, but I no longer ever think up the excuse for any shortcoming as "well it's my bike."

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
YT jeffsy in 160mm front and rear.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
+1 for the YT Jeffsy, or Capra if you ride more dh/bikepark stuff. Jeffsy pro race 29 here, bought recently when they had 15% off carbon frames, top of the range components all round for around £ 1000 less than a base model Yeti or Santa Cruz. Fingers crossed it doesn't have any warranty issues as I hear their customer service isn't the best but value for money is 2nd to none imo

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
fillyo wrote:
Depends where you ride, but I would look at a YT Jeffsy or Fezzari La Sal Peak for that price, or maybe Intense Primer

Thanks everyone for the input.

Where I live right now, I take what I can get, but I am looking to relocate to Utah or somewhere that gives me access to some real altitude, and interesting terrain. I would like to be able to, like I said, be able to jump, do drop offs, rock gardens, the lot, but still be able to climb. I do go to the Bay Area/Santa Cruz mountains once or twice a year and ride whatever friends are riding out there.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010413
Mobile Version of Website