Vancouver, BC - needing help from locals

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Vancouver, BC - needing help from locals
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Looking to make the move to the area and wanting information as to the local riding, but also living, cost of said living, and housing. Or if you know of available housing or looking for renters.

It’s just me and my wife, and two small dogs. I was born in Canada and after living in Utah for the better part of twenty four years, I’ve had the desire to move back to Canada. Hoping a local can help me out with the lay of the land and it’s current condition.

Cheers.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
Cost of living is absolutely terrible. Good luck on that.

Riding- so many awesome options withing a 1.5 2 hr drive, ie Whistler, however chilliwack, burnaby have some ok places, north van and sqaumish are full of whatever style you want to ride.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
To be honest you will get varying opinions from locals on CoL. Many are totally clueless on the very serious issues that face Vancouver.

To sum it up to coat of living and especially housing is high. But the real issue is the CoL vs income. Salaries in Vancouver are not commensurate with the cost of living. Ie things are way out of wack.

Riding is rad though.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
My family and I just left Vancouver for the Island a year ago.
It really sucks over here!
I was born and raised on the North Shore in Deep Cove and I am old, about 50 so I have seen it change a lot.
Coat to wages are out of wack just like SeniorBrucio said.
As for riding, Seymore is crowded, dumbed down and blown out.
Cypress is the best thing left on the shore. Its a shuttle.
We would park at the view point set up a bbq and sun shelter. The girlfriends and wifes would then drive us up over and over, keeping the dogs, burgers and beers ready.
Good times!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
hopless wrote:
My family and I just left Vancouver for the Island a year ago.
It really sucks over here!
I was born and raised on the North Shore in Deep Cove and I am old, about 50 so I have seen it change a lot.
Coat to wages are out of wack just like SeniorBrucio said.
As for riding, Seymore is crowded, dumbed down and blown out.
Cypress is the best thing left on the shore. Its a shuttle.
We would park at the view point set up a bbq and sun shelter. The girlfriends and wifes would then drive us up over and over, keeping the dogs, burgers and beers ready.
Good times!

Sounds like yours is the party to join!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009674
Mobile Version of Website