Hope Pro 4 hub and E13/SRAM cassettes

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hope Pro 4 hub and E13/SRAM cassettes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
I have a DT Swiss M1900 wheelset with an E13 TRS+ 11 speed cassette.

I have just bought a new Hope wheelset with Pro 4 hubs and an XD driver freehub.

From an E13 cassette fitment guide on the internet, it looks like I need a special shim to fit the cassette to the Pro 4 hub. Can anyone confirm this?

Instead, I am thinking of getting a SRAM XG-1150 cassette and running that instead. Will a SRAM cassette work with a Shimano XT shifter and derailleur? Will the SRAM cassette go straight on the Hope XD freehub without needing any additional spacers or parts?

Thank you in advance.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
The Hope XD driver is not quite the same as the SRAM XD driver. You will need specific shims to fit the E*Thirteen cassette on Hope hubs so it clamps on properly. E*Thirteen does provide these shims if you order direct from them. This might not be the case if you order through an online retailer, you'd have to verify that with the retailer.

I think a shim is needed for the E*Thirteen cassettes because of the mechanism used to attach the cassette to the free hub. I don't think you'll need specific shims with a SRAM cassette.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
You need a shim if it's the pinch bolt version of the cassette. If not then you don't need the shim. My 2018 Capra had the locking version of the cassette. Newer bikes will have the pinch bolt version I believe.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009618
Mobile Version of Website